This is probably simple. I am trying to install a copy of Sims 2 I just purchased. Once I get to the 3rd disk on the autorun installation, the install freezes on me, and the progress window goes to (Not responding). How do I prevent this from happening and install my game successfully?

Check disk 3 for scratches or smudges. It could also be a bad disk.

There are no scratches. All the disks are completely brand new and spotless. Sometimes the install stops at disk 2. I don't know what else to do.

You could try the disks on another computer. If the disks work and install properly then you know there's nothing wrong with the disks (then you've eliminated the possibility of bad media). If the disks install properly then that may indicate that there's a hardware issue on your computer.

before you installed did you clean your compt of temp files

and your cache folder

all your compt cleaning

i reason i ask

once i installed

mandrake

and when i got to the third disk

it would not load. when i posted to techtv board

someone said do your normal disk cleaning

or check your disk space

so i did that

and eventually it loaded

it may be not the same problem

but it is worth a try

marty

Edited by martymas
This is probably simple. I am trying to install a copy of Sims 2 I just purchased. Once I get to the 3rd disk on the autorun installation, the install freezes on me, and the progress window goes to (Not responding). How do I prevent this from happening and install my game successfully?

If it is a problem with the CD-ROM then what you might do is install one disk and once it asks for the next disk let it sit a few minutes and then install the next and so on to the third disk. Could be a problem with the drive overworking it with a straight install.

Sometimes CDs will allow you to copy the contents to the hard drive, then let you install from the HD image.

Try making a C:\SIMS2 folder on your hard drive.

Then copy the contents of the CD to that folder.

Run the installation program from the hard drive copy and see how far it gets.

-------

Repeat for the other CDs required.

You might need to experiment a bit to get it to work.

When the install asks for CD2, browse to its image on the hard drive.

Edited by CurlingSteve