Hallucinogenic Herb A Problem In Washington State

"Stop Smoking Herb - Stop your smoking habit in 7 days All-natural formula. Free sample.

www.CigArrest.com

Magic Herb New Mega Thin - Formula with New Metabromine Quantity Pricing 2's, 4's and 6's

www.biogro.us//magicherb.html

Herb Pharm - Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements 7000 products, Free Shipping Offer

www.nutritionsurplus.com"

Loved this at the top of the article! :D :D :D

Liz

Yeah I thought the ads were ironic too Liz, so much for targeted ads. Ha!!!

Is that the same as the common salvia that people plant in yards for flowers?

I remember reading in our Oregonian paper last summer about salvia being hallucinagenic (sp?).

I thought most wanting something like that went mushroom hunting in our NW forests. Oh well...gardens save them a hike to the woods...Huh?!

Have had kids grab leaves off my rhubarb, and try to smoke the green, at times wet even, leaf as they walk off. Never have heard if they got a buzz off it...or just desperately nuts enough to try anything. Another neighbor had an artichoke plant growing and the same kids tried to smoke those leaves too. And another of his plants too...but can't remember right now what it was...real exotic looking. He kidded about planting horseradish out front so they could try that and get hands burned from leaves. Ha Ha!

Crazy world we live in.

Pat

God bless everyone

Pat, I googled Salvia Divinorum and it looks like the blue flowered perinneal salvia (that I have in my garden!! Many years ago, I discovered I have Opium Poppies, too :blink: So what, they're pretty!! :) )

I'm surprised at the rhubarb leaves--I thought the stems were ok to eat, but the leaves were poisonus?

Liz

Edited by blim
Yeah I thought the ads were ironic too Liz, so much for targeted ads. Ha!!!

Is that the same as the common salvia that people plant in yards for flowers?

I remember reading in our Oregonian paper last summer about salvia being hallucinagenic (sp?).

I thought most wanting something like that went mushroom hunting in our NW forests. Oh well...gardens save them a hike to the woods...Huh?!

Have had kids grab leaves off my rhubarb, and try to smoke the green, at times wet even, leaf as they walk off. Never have heard if they got a buzz off it...or just desperately nuts enough to try anything. Another neighbor had an artichoke plant growing and the same kids tried to smoke those leaves too. And another of his plants too...but can't remember right now what it was...real exotic looking. He kidded about planting horseradish out front so they could try that and get hands burned from leaves. Ha Ha!

Crazy world we live in.

Pat

God bless everyone

Looks like they've had nice gardens in your part of the country for a long time: "Fort Vancouver, located along Washington's Columbia River, was inhabited between 1829 and 1866. Excavations there began in 1947, and continue today at the fort's formal garden, its powder magazine, and its sales shop, which provided goods to people in nearby Kanaka Village, missionaries, and travelers on the Oregon Trail.

Elaine Dorset, a Portland State University anthropology graduate student, has been working at the site for two years. She's examining microscopic pieces of long-decayed plants in a formal garden that lay north of the fort.

Yes Fort Vancouver is certainly an mportant place to our NW History.

I never really thought much about the garden aspect of it though. And haven't visited the site for many years, even though Vancouver Washinton, and the Fort, is just across the Columbia River from Portland Oregon right along I5.

I just Googled for the Fort and here is a link to the National Park Service site for it.

Many interesting sections on the website. Though I felt it could have added more detail.

Fort Vancouver National Park Service

This site although quite commercial, does give some good information on Vancouver, including Fort Vancouver, just keep scrolling down.

Vancouver Washington

And here's Portland...

More than you ever wanted to know about Portland Oregon

P.S. If you want an interesting garden try this site. This place is fabulous...I have been there several times from the 50's to the 70's. High on a bluff overlooking the Wenatchee River Valley... Spectacular Views and dangerous drop offs, but the original gardener planted in outcroppings of rocks at times in spots that seemed to defy gravity to reach into let alone plant anything in. And the effort to build the gardens is unbelievable!!! Probably couldn't even be done nowadays due to all the environmental studies and similar such nonsense.

Ohme Gardens

History of Ohme Gardens

More beautiful pictures and history of Ohme Gardens

Sultan here is the best Fort Vancouver website for pictures, scroll way down for the garden info.

Liz, you might like the kitchen pics..lots of beautiful china...Spode I think.

Lewis and Clark's Columbia River, Fort Vancouver

Pat

God bless everyone

Edited by thesidekickcat