How To Change Windows Xp Taskbar And Window Colors

I have a new background along with the new hard drive and blue, silver and green most certainly don't go well with it. I'd Like to change my taskbar to black with red text if possible and the start button I'd like to be red. Can you do this to the standard XP theme (not classic, I know you can in classic)? I'd also like to make the windows red with black text.

Can I do this with out some other program? If not, what's a good program to customize the look of XP? I'm really getting bored with the regular XP look.

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by Honda_Boy
I have a new background along with the new hard drive and blue, silver and green most certainly don't go well with it. I'd Like to change my taskbar to black with red text if possible and the start button I'd like to be red. Can you do this to the standard XP theme (not classic, I know you can in classic)? I'd also like to make the windows red with black text.

Can I do this with out some other program? If not, what's a good program to customize the look of XP? I'm really getting bored with the regular XP look.

Thanks in advance!!!

Right Click on the Destop then pick Propertie/Appearence and then Advance. Change colors from there.

ok I already knew right click, properties, appearance. (I've built 3 computers and repaired dozens, I should know) but it doesn't change the XP Theme colors other than silver, blue, or green. I'd like to use different colors. I think I may just end up downloading a program that modifies the appearance. I'm thinking a completely different look entirely from the XP look.

l_bef63c403a5e0fc636afd332f0246a13.jpg

I want a program that does something like this. does anyone know of one?

Again thank you.

ok I already knew right click, properties, appearance. (I've built 3 computers and repaired dozens, I should know) but it doesn't change the XP Theme colors other than silver, blue, or green. I'd like to use different colors. I think I may just end up downloading a program that modifies the appearance. I'm thinking a completely different look entirely from the XP look.

l_bef63c403a5e0fc636afd332f0246a13.jpg

I want a program that does something like this. does anyone know of one?

Again thank you.

That would be more of a Skin then.

http://www.wincustomize.com/

how much spyware and adware are in WindowBlinds, WinCustomizer, and Style XP? I hate getting crap like that on my machine but I'm so desperate for a new look. I still do not like Vista but after having to use the Beta 2 for a coupla days, I realized I don't want that regular XP look. But I just don't want adware for spyware on my machine.

*Thanks for that Style XP link. I figured out how this crap works thanks to it. I can now get new styles without a program. Thank you. I do liek the Panther theme that came with Style XP though. My brother will get a kick out of that one.

Edited by Honda_Boy
how much spyware and adware are in WindowBlinds, WinCustomizer, and Style XP? I hate getting crap like that on my machine but I'm so desperate for a new look. I still do not like Vista but after having to use the Beta 2 for a coupla days, I realized I don't want that regular XP look. But I just don't want adware for spyware on my machine.

*Thanks for that Style XP link. I figured out how this crap works thanks to it. I can now get new styles without a program. Thank you. I do liek the Panther theme that came with Style XP though. My brother will get a kick out of that one.

Did you download Style XP or use the theme links?

Your DT looks good.

This one I got from ThemeXP.org. Style XP just taught me how to set this crap up on my own with out using a program so I just Googled something like XP themes. ThemeXP.org was free (though covered in spyware/adware). Yeah there's adware and spyware and crap in it. It makes you install crap just to decompress the actual theme install file. So what I did is after it got it decompressed I moved the theme's install file to another location and went back and uninstalled EVERYTHING that it installed and then ran spybot and adaware to remove what the uninstallers didn't and we are good to go.

I don't know why, but I am absolutely loving this. Normally I'd never go for anything like this but Rena from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Mystery/Horror series that was just unbelievably great and I hate horror stuff usually) covered in blood holding her trademark machete and then the blood red dragon theme are just awesome. I guess I was just extremely bored with standard XP themes and cars/WWII stuff. I may set my laptop up in a similar fashion.

This one I got from ThemeXP.org. Style XP just taught me how to set this crap up on my own with out using a program so I just Googled something like XP themes. ThemeXP.org was free (though covered in spyware/adware). Yeah there's adware and spyware and crap in it. It makes you install crap just to decompress the actual theme install file. So what I did is after it got it decompressed I moved the theme's install file to another location and went back and uninstalled EVERYTHING that it installed and then ran spybot and adaware to remove what the uninstallers didn't and we are good to go.

I don't know why, but I am absolutely loving this. Normally I'd never go for anything like this but Rena from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Mystery/Horror series that was just unbelievably great and I hate horror stuff usually) covered in blood holding her trademark machete and then the blood red dragon theme are just awesome. I guess I was just extremely bored with standard XP themes and cars/WWII stuff. I may set my laptop up in a similar fashion.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

you mean how much time it takes to load when I start the computer. Same as the regular XP Style. I mean all I have to do to switch is right click the desktop - properties - Appearance and switch it there. It's just like going from XP to Classic.

I decided to dress up my laptop too.

I started off with this but then it dawned on me that I take my laptop to college and would rather not have everyone see it. So I changed it to the latter background with the same theme.

ElfenLiedDesktop.jpg

InitialDdesktop.jpg

InitialDdesktopstartreduced.jpg

I'm trying to accept the anime otaku I am (otaku is basically a fanatic) so I'm trying to do anime backgrounds. Plus I'm tired of the old XP look. As much as I dislike Vista right now, that little temporary run with the Beta 2 while I was waiting for the new HDD made me realize that I was insanely bored with the standard XP look. So mix in some anime plus wicked cool themes and I have a desktop to be envied by my friends. I can't wait to show this to my friend. I haven't told him about the new hard drive yet. Usually whenever he's here the first thing he does is plop down at my computer and gets on Myspace. This ought to get a good reaction. And I can't wait to see what people at college (namely my other friend that I have 3 classes in a row with on Tuesday and Thursday) think of my laptop's setup.

And bozodog, are you saying that my pics are too big? Does the forum not automatically reduce the size to a maxi-thumbnail? Mine does. Sorry for my LCD's fixed resolution. 1280x1024 on the Acer and 1024x768 on the lappy's display. I do like the larger resolution though. Only problem is finding wallpapers for 1280. The site I got the Initial D and Elfen Lied ones for my laptop only offers them in 1024x768 or lower.