Increase Wireless Signal Using Cellphone!

Now that I have lured you in here...I have seen videos and some people talk about rapping a RJ45 cable around their cellphone connecting it to the ethernet and having an increase in their wireless signal. Is this true? I have tried it and it doesn't seem to work. You have to open your cell (if its a flip phone) rap the ethernet cord around the bottom part not screen really tight and connect it to the PC its said that the anntana in the phone is a lot stronger then the one on the laptop/PC so you get in theory (at least for me) a better signal which means faster speed when far from the router.

Can someone please put some truth to this.

Sounds like you could do better with a coathanger. Heh heh.... *joking. If the cable is shielded you sure won't pick up a signal. I remember on old TTV that they used a can for an antenna once. Maybe you can set something like that up in the weak areas of your home.

Actually it was a Pringles chip can. They were going to try a different can, I don't know if they did. They had a show on the hacker convention. The location is always secret mostly on the westcoast. The name of the group escapes me at the moment. They were showing people picking up WIFI signals some amazing distances.

Mark

I vaguely remember that TSS episode, Bozodog I think your absolutely right the more I think about it. If the cable is insulated how can it work. I saw this site where someone took his window mesh along with cardboard and built something that looked like a radar detector you see on the movies. I'll give that a try it might just work.