So i got this printer that ive installed awhile back, and ive printed plenty of stuff on it

today i tried printing a report and it wouldnt print, on the icon i clicked on the printer to see the priting status and it said printin then it went to error

so i tried a color and black print test and it would grab the paper and it would come out blank, and this cartridges are brand new so idk wat the problem seems to be

you say these are used cartridges that came with the printer?

could be ink has dried or empty.

if you know the model of your printer go to the site and look for a tech manual.

this should tell you how to remove the print heads...if in fact they can be removed without special tools.

if you can remove the print head, take a can of compressed air and blow down thru the little holes...(carefully)

then take some wd-40 and clean off all the old ink.

this worked on my canon....not sure about other models.

well i dont think theyr empty or dried cause i only printed one page of stuff on it

Open the printer and then click on Printer/Properties/Advance/Printer Defaults/Services and then HP tool box. From there you can clean the cartridges and get an estimate of how much Ink there is.

So i got this printer that ive installed awhile back, and ive printed plenty of stuff on it

today i tried printing a report and it wouldnt print, on the icon i clicked on the printer to see the priting status and it said printin then it went to error

so i tried a color and black print test and it would grab the paper and it would come out blank, and this cartridges are brand new so idk wat the problem seems to be

If this is and most are an USB printer, try unplugging the USB cable and shut off the printer. Then Turn the printer on and then plug in the USB cable. Then try printing.

• 1 year later...

How long was it since you last printed?

While I have had best success with HP (over other brands) not drying out when you do not use them for a time; all cartridges do eventually dry out once they are opened. The ink is alcohol based and stored in a sponge. There is a vent hole to let in air as the ink is drawn out to the jets, but this will eventually let the alcohol all evaporate (especially if the printer is left on and it gets hot).

Yes, the maintenance clean cartridge should be used first to check if it is dried ink in the nozzles causing the problem .

Note that on most cartridges the "ink level" is calculated based on what you printed, not an actual measurement so even if the ink is dried out it will still show plenty of ink.