Need To Re-enable Userinit.exe From Repair Console

My Userinit.exe was disabled in my registry. So I am unable to login to any account including Administrator and Safe Modes. I have my Windows XP CD and can get to the Recovery Console. I need a way to re-enable Userinit.exe in my registry from there.

I no longer have a second hard drive so booting the messed up drive as a slave and then changing the registry is out. Does the Bart PE boot cd work for accessing the registry form DOS?

Thanks for any advice I can get.

I do have a borrowed laptop running 98. Anyone know if/how its possible to enable remote access from dos and accessing it from the laptop?

Edited by scantrev
My Userinit.exe was disabled in my registry. So I am unable to login to any account including Administrator and Safe Modes. I have my Windows XP CD and can get to the Recovery Console. I need a way to re-enable Userinit.exe in my registry from there.

I no longer have a second hard drive so booting the messed up drive as a slave and then changing the registry is out. Does the Bart PE boot cd work for accessing the registry form DOS?

Thanks for any advice I can get.

I do have a borrowed laptop running 98. Anyone know if/how its possible to enable remote access from dos and accessing it from the laptop?

Barts way can access any file or regisrty on the system. It can enter fat , fat32 or NTFS.