I'm in the market for a new cell phone. I currently have a Sony Ericsson z520 but it is starting to die on me. It has been a great phone for the 2 years now that i've had it and i've been happy with it.

http://fido.ca/portal/product/product.do

Those are the phones available through my provider currently. Does anyone have any immediate suggestions? I may end up just picking up the same phone just because it works for me but if I can find something new that'd be good too just to break up the norm a little.

At first I was looking at the LG TG800 (GSM "Chocolate") and the Razr but i've read bad things about both of them and mostly in terms of reception.

Any advice you guys/gals can give would be appreciated.

EDIT: Link fixed. Thanks B.

Edited by marko_tomas13

Hey, first off the link doesn't work. So you should post it again.

Second there was an article in the NY Times yesterday about how Motorola is losing a lot of money on the razr and that it's not really as popular as it used to be due to the fact everyone and their grandma has one. I like mine, it works, its slim and fits in my pocket, the type pad is a bit flimsy feeling but it works as well. I might wait a little bit and see if Motorola comes out with something new as they really need a new product to replace the razr sometime soon. I don't really have a good suggestion at the moment as to what phone to get. Maybe someone else does and I'm sure they'll post if they do. B)

B

I'm in the market for a new cell phone. I currently have a Sony Ericsson z520 but it is starting to die on me. It has been a great phone for the 2 years now that i've had it and i've been happy with it.

http://fido.ca/portal/product/product.do

Those are the phones available through my provider currently. Does anyone have any immediate suggestions? I may end up just picking up the same phone just because it works for me but if I can find something new that'd be good too just to break up the norm a little.

At first I was looking at the LG TG800 (GSM "Chocolate") and the Razr but i've read bad things about both of them and mostly in terms of reception.

Any advice you guys/gals can give would be appreciated.

EDIT: Link fixed. Thanks B.

I bought a Sanyo SPC 8300 about 5 months ago after my 4 year old Kyrocera died. (yeah, I don't update that often)

So far, so good. It rings when people call me and rings them when I do the same. And that's what I primarily want it for.

The internet options are OK, as is the camera. But if I want real pictures, I use my real camera, not my phone.

It's sold for the Sprint network, but I'm sure it's available for others too.

I have a V3 Razr on Cingular Blue and my bud has a Chocolate on Verizon. My reception is usually pretty good and his cuts out a lot.

The only complaints I have with the Razr is the battery life (which doesn't matter too much to me since I hardly use the thing) and the speed. This thing is slow when trying to do some things. It's like it's processor just ain't fast enough.

Now I have an original V3 Razr. There are newer versions out like the V3xx or something of the sort. nVidia makes the processors for them things now so I bet they are a little faster.

I have a V3 Razr on Cingular Blue and my bud has a Chocolate on Verizon. My reception is usually pretty good and his cuts out a lot.

The only complaints I have with the Razr is the battery life (which doesn't matter too much to me since I hardly use the thing) and the speed. This thing is slow when trying to do some things. It's like it's processor just ain't fast enough.

Now I have an original V3 Razr. There are newer versions out like the V3xx or something of the sort. nVidia makes the processors for them things now so I bet they are a little faster.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to go try out a few phones today. The Chocolate is winning for me so far just because the reception is the same on both in my area but the one thing I can't stand is a slow GUI.

yeah the GUI on my Razr is slower than all get out too. I hate that. At least my crappy old LG was quick in that area but the SIM was slow. My Razr's sim loading is much faster despite the fact it's the exact same SIM card (I moved my card from my old phone to this unlocked Razr)