Its Cold In Rochester Mn

I KNEW hanging clothes on the line in December (December!!) was going to bite us on the rear!! Just didn't know if it was going to be a cold winter or no summer. But think of it this way, hopefully we will get a summer!! *knock wood*

Those dog-gone westerly winds sent that @#%*$ to us, Shanenin!

1 degree

-15 windchill (that's an hours drive inland, so we at the lake are probably colder, weatherguessers predicted up to -30 at the lakeshore)

snow, snow, snow...aw h#$@, it's a blizzard.

We aren't as cold as you are, but cold is cold. Bundle up, drive carefully and think warm thoughts...or have a hot cocoa or a hot toddy!

You get Spring in March? We have to wait till May.

Someone who's techsavvy needs to please post some pictures of deserts and palm trees and tropical plants to warm us Northerners up!

Liz

Here's some Michigan spring and summer for you, Liz. There's flowers in the yard and skin on the beach near South Haven. It's minus 5 here this morning, with a wind chill of -24. Not much snow this end of the lake effect belt.

PICT0180.jpg

southbeach.jpg

Edited by bozodog

It's a bit nippy here with windchill between -10 and -20. I am eyeballing the lake effect just a few miles north that is dumping several feet of that nice white stuff. I hope that when it starts drifting south to us it dimishes some. I pity the crew that is taking over my bbqing for the Super Bowl party at my old bar today. They are going to freeze their butts off outside.

Having 80 degree temps today ain't all it's cracked up to be, folks. We're expected to go outside and do physical work activities around the house while you people back east are able to use the cold and snow as an excuse to lounge around and prep for the Super Bowl parties. No doubt you'll be at least a six pack and a dozen wings ahead of us poor people on the left coast by kickoff. So please, cry a tear for us, Argentina.......

well me and my brother were yankin the ole Z6 out my old car today with the temps starting in the low 30's and as the hours passed, it dipped down in to the low 20's high teens. The garage door had to be open the whole time so we could work and the wind was blowin hard. Crap we were cold. Well I was mostly. When we got done, the cold finally got to my brother. He was so in the zone before he didn't notice. Thank god the heater in his 4Runner is wicked hot. When we left to head back home we were toasty.

By the way Z6 refers to D16Z6. IE the motor. We were pulling the motor out of my old car and it was a monstrous pain. When we figured out what was getting hung up we found something else getting hung up as we hoisted the motor. Then we had t try and role the decrepit old hoist over the snow and ice still piled up on the concrete in front of the shop to get it over to the other garage door. We had to maneuver around and old 73 Chevy Van too. Man we were cussing and hollering and ready to get the h e double hockey sticks out of there. That took more than twice as long as a normal motor removal should take but you have to take into account we were working on a wrecked car that's engine bay was warped, twisted and busted up every which way. Whew. If I ever have to do an engine swap, my mechanic is doing it not me.