Bsod When Running Sims...

can anyone tell me what this: means?

A fatal exception oe has occurred at 0028:CBE134BA in VXD Asp4Wave (01) + 001455A

I am running windows 98se with 128 MB of ram... Since my friend got sims 2, he is giving me all his sims...(he has all the expansion packs!!) so I installed The Sims Deluxe Edition, and gets to the BSOD, then it dies.... :(

thanks for your help,

dk

DK update your sound card drivers.

If that doesn't work click start then run and type dxdiag and press enter. Next choose the sound tab and lower the hardware acceleration to the minimum. reboot then try the game. If it works go back into dxdiag and raise it abit. Reboot and try again continue doing this till you BSoD again then one last time to back it down a notch.

Hope this helps.

Ok, I'll try it.... Now how can I find out the drivers?

EDIT: Ok, when I opened dxdiag, it said that there were problems with DirectSound:

DirectSound test results: Failure at step 3 (DirectSoundCreate): HRESULT = 0x8878000a (The request failed because DirectSound resources, such as the priority level, were already in use by another caller.)