Hijack Logs

maybe it's just me...because I'm old and cranky.

I have read hijack logs on several forums where people go to extremes to help someone fix a problem and a lot of people never respond with a "thank you"

does it take that much effort to show appreciation?

I will take this time to thank eveyone that has helped me with any problems.

Brian Here:

I must agree: The people here at Besttechie ARE PROS and I appreciate EVERYTHING they do. BT's Team has saved me valuable and precious time with finding and deleting hijacks, malware and spyware problems. I try to thank everyone who helps me with a problem log. When I was posting at G4 regularly, I would get the help there. and got to know many members of the team. The HJT team members here are knowledgeable and personable also they have the skills to be able to assist those who need them. Many of them are also members of BT!!

There are those however, that I have seen post at G4 that have no idea what the heck they are doing, and they would pull a "sevenowl" and tell users to do stupid things that would screw up thier machines. Only when other G4 Experts put thier foot down about what could be said in a post and by whom did we get this one solved. HJT Experts have the training and experience to know what the heck they see and know what to do. :thumbsup::blink:

This is EXPRESSLY WHY I am glad that there are good people here that take the time to help out with malware and spyware - they say that "too many cooks spoil the soup" (meaning that people that do not know what they are doing should not post fixes in others logs) I always tell users that they should do EXACTLY WHAT AN EXPERT TELLS THEM, in the ORDER that they tell you!

BT and his Team are top notch, and I owe them more then I can ever repay - I hope that maybe someday I can be a part of that team. HJT training is long and intensive, but the benefits are limitless! I, Brian Baker, want to add my heartfelt and extreame thanks to everyone that does this around here. Far too often, we forget that this training entails researching the problems, finding the necessary program(s) to eliminate it, and sticking with it until the end. This takes time, patience and perservereance (sp), qualities that we have in abudance here in our experts as well as all HJT log readers.

If I have not thanked everyone for the work they do on this and other things 'round here - I do so RIGHT NOW

You all are amazing, and I thank you all - Especially Jeff, for providing this place for all of us to come to get help and to give it, as well as a place to relax :)

Thanks to ALL

Brian

I often wonder where I would have gone if Jeff didn't open this place. I am a member of several online forums but I can say it has been a year+ since I have visited anywhere other than here. If I forget my manners here I would expect someone to slap me in the head to remind me of my manners. I do not want anyone taking my lack of posting a thank you as non appreciation.

I see some folks come in for help and they are commenting about things to keep the poster moving in the right direction until someone with more knowledge comes along to say more on the subject.

BT is a place where friends help friends. We are all learning and growing together. Thanks to the Admins and Mods for keeping the trolls at bay.

M

Thanks to the Admins and Mods for keeping the trolls at bay.

M

No problem, you're very welcome:-)

The Admin/Moderator team at BT is very lucky; we have a mature membership here, the members largely police themselves and trolls are a rarity. :D

No problem, you're very welcome:-)

The Admin/Moderator team at BT is very lucky; we have a mature membership here, the members largely police themselves and trolls are a rarity. :D

Well said! :D

Thanks, buddy! :D

i have to agree with bearskin

always try to contact the helper to say thank you

recently

i had trouble with ubuntu boot loader

and tictoc

sent me a fix and it worked

and i was so gratefull i pmed him as well as a forum thank you

some guys only come here and when they

get a fix we dont hear from them again

many new user names i dont recognise