Re: Price Of Printer Ink

Y'know the old joke about "might as well buy a new printer when you run out of ink" ?

Meijers had a "Super Saturday Sale" flyer in the paper today. If you bought a combo pack of ink cartridges, you got an HP Printer free! (Of course, the printer does NOT come with ink!)

Made me giggle.

Liz

I saw that, Liz.

Get an HP 3940 free when you buy one Ink Station Combo Pack for $24.99 (reg. $29.99)

When Sweet Brit lived in the UK several of his forum members bought Dell printers for 10 pounds each on special. ($20) And just threw them away when they ran out of ink. It's pretty dang bad when refills are worth more than the hardware.

I bought two lexmark Z22 printers from Walmart two or three years ago for $30 each. Cartridges were $32 apiece. I now have a HP printer copier scanner that I got from Big Lots for $50 (refurbished) never had a problem with it. Replacement cartridges for it are $60, but I also got a color refill kit for $17 and black for $9. Should keep me going for another 2 years. Big lots also has cd-r and dvd r at great prices. 50 cd-r are $10 and 50 dvd-r are $20. It really helps keeping the costs down

canon pixma ip1700

new printer.....$50

2 ink carts......$45

can't use generic carts with this printer as new canons have a computer chip that won't allow.

I have heard of a couple of tricks to stop the Canons from looking for the chip. I'll be testing this as soon as the ink runs low on my Pixma iP1600. I did locate the spots to refill the the color ink cartridge by tearing an old one apart. I am also working on making the printer recognize the oversize cartridges that fit in the printer.

canon pixma ip1700

new printer.....$50

2 ink carts......$45

can't use generic carts with this printer as new canons have a computer chip that won't allow.

I have heard of a couple of tricks to stop the Canons from looking for the chip. I'll be testing this as soon as the ink runs low on my Pixma iP1600. I did locate the spots to refill the the color ink cartridge by tearing an old one apart. I am also working on making the printer recognize the oversize cartridges that fit in the printer.

good going terrorist....please keep us informed of your progress as I'm planning to buy a printer.

I like this site for printer tips and repair. Search for printer model and chip resetter. :D

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums

Something to digest: Canon Chip Resetter...Why none?

Great site for getting around the chipped ink cartridges and refilling them.

http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

Yeah, I just bought black and colour ink for my epson printer.........aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh:-) I can buy a new laser printer for the price of the new ink cartridges. I think I'll get a new printer next time instead, Liz:-)

I just bought an $80 brother laser printer. It was the best investment ever. I refuse to spend huge sums of money for black inkjet cartridges

Yep, when this ink runs out that's what I'll do too, shanenin:-)

Y'know the old joke about "might as well buy a new printer when you run out of ink" ?

Meijers had a "Super Saturday Sale" flyer in the paper today. If you bought a combo pack of ink cartridges, you got an HP Printer free! (Of course, the printer does NOT come with ink!)

Made me giggle.

Liz

Here's how I'm getting around the botomless pit of ink replacement:

I bought a Canon Laserjet MF5770 All In One.

2500 black & white text prints from a $80 cartridge. Super fast too.

Now I only use my ink hogging Canon S900 inkjet six cartridge printer for photos.

Edited by irregularjoe

The ink in new printers are less than a cartridge but with the amount of printing I/We do the one that comes with the printer is fine. Had a Lexmark z22, I would by the refills but then I would have to clean the ink from the cartridge because it would dry before we would use it. $50 for a new printer and 1/2 full ink is still better than 2 cartridges at $30 each. Pass the old printer and a couple new cartridges to the church or other non-profit and the pay off is even greater. Can't beat the feeling of doing something good.

M