Firefox Process Running?

Hi everyone,

back to firefox. My prefered method is to install FF directly from mozilla to either your home directory or to say perhaps /opt. When I get everything as I like I open my home folder (kde) enable hidden files, copy the .mozilla folder and repast it back into my home folder, when prompted about overwritting I rename it to .backupmozilla. If I ever have trouble saving my bookmarks renaming the backup to .mozilla overwriting the corrupt folder when prompted, usually fixes it for me. One can even replace the /opt/firefox if needed. Be sure you uninstall the FF version installed by your package manager first. You can also rename the backup as per date, for example .backup-1-30-7mozilla, These aren't overly large folders and it shouldn't take up too much space. B)

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been having some strange bugs lately with my firefox builds from source(portage). For example when I would go to my web mail, both my login name and password should automatically get entered, so I would just have to press "login". This is how it works on my firefox install on windows, and older installs from gentoo. My last few installs of firefox from source have not been working correctly. It would make me type my login name and password everytime. If I am correct, automatically filling in the login name would be done with cookies, right? So I figured firefox was not handling cookies correctly. On another web mail sight, my login name would get entered, but I would have to enter the password every time, even though my password was saved.

I just download the binary firefox and plced it in ~/usr and it is working perfectly. No more problems as listed above. From now on I may just use the precompiled firefox. Plus I am kind of irritated that my source install in not "firefox", but "bon echo"

It would make me type my login name and password everytime. If I am correct, automatically filling in the login name would be done with cookies, right?

If it's Firefox remembering the forms it should be a local database[0]. If it's the site autofilling them, yeah, cookies.

[0] ~/.mozilla/firefox/$PROFILE/signons.txt?

I just download the binary firefox and plced it in ~/usr and it is working perfectly. No more problems as listed above. From now on I may just use the precompiled firefox. Plus I am kind of irritated that my source install in not "firefox", but "bon echo"

Erk. Is that a Gentoo quirk or is it really Bon Echo?

Edited by jcl