ok..here is the scene.

I had a free web page with homestead.com for at least 6 years...it's the one in my profile.

I go in today and try to change stuff and find out it's not free anymore so I had no way to change stuff.

you would think they could have told me that.

well I called support and they said they THINK there was a way to help me.

I said, I don't want no thinking, I want something that works.

anyway I told them to cancel my account...got an email saying they will.

now I need a place that's free where I can put my page. I just need a personal page with no fancy graphics or stuff.

also I need a free program that with let my build a page with WYSIWYG. nothing fancy mind you.

any suggestions????

I just logged into Google Page Creator through my Gmail account. If you have a Gmail account you could use that to create a web page but it is a PITA. It is like our BT Blogs here. You can upload then drag and drop images where you want them and add links, but it is tedious and slow.

http://whiskeyman.googlepages.com/home

Edited by TheTerrorist_75
  • 3 weeks later...

If you use IE, you can always use office live basics by MS. all free. comes with a very generic wysiwyg editor on the site.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeli...1534261033.aspx

As typical with MS, they require the use of IE and have successfully managed to block all other browsers from being able to access it. You will need to use your MS passport info just like logging into hotmail to use this. if you don't have a passport you can create one.

Reserve your own domain name

Make the first step in taking your business online by creating a unique and personalized domain name (like www.adventure-works.com). Office Live Basics includes one FREE domain name for your business.

Easily create and update your own Web site

Site Designer is a simple, yet powerful Web design tool to help you create a professional, fully customized Web site. You can create a Web site quickly, and won't need to hire technical help to maintain it. Office Live Basics gives you:

• Free Web site hosting
  • 500 MB of Web site storage
  • Easily upload your logo, images, and documents

Access your own e-mail, contacts and calendar anywhere

Quickly access and manage your e-mail, calendar, and tasks, whether you are in or out of the office.

• Up to 25 e-mail accounts, each with a full 2 GB of space
  • Keep track of people, events, and information
  • Access e-mail, contacts, and calendar from most Web browsers

Learn more about your Web traffic

Our Web site reports can help ensure that your Web site is really working for you. With Site Reports you can:

• Monitor the success of your Web site
  • Determine which search engines and keywords are driving traffic to your Web site
  • Find out how many unique visitors and page views you get on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis