Planned Server Down Time

Hi Everyone,

I got this email from my host so I'm just letting you all know:

Important information regarding planned downtime for server maintenance. Routine server diagnostics have revealed a failing hard drive. The server must be shut down, so the drive can be replaced, and operating system reinstalled.

We have scheduled the maintenance for this weekend. We're estimating between 60-120 minutes, and it will be performed at an off-peak time. Accounts will be restored one at a time after the server is back online.

B

Booo, any one up for a suit against Jeff's host?! :rolleyes:

Yes TT, go out and get some sun. Be carefull not to blind people :D

What is this Sun you speak of? All I see out there is clouds, snow and ice. A couple minuites outside and I have icicles hanging down my beard.

thanks for this info jeff: lets hope that you will be up again as soon as feasibly possible :)

Good Luck!!!

Brian

Booo, any one up for a suit against Jeff's host?! :rolleyes:

Yes TT, go out and get some sun. Be carefull not to blind people :D

What is this Sun you speak of? All I see out there is clouds, snow and ice. A couple minuites outside and I have icicles hanging down my beard.

Agree with TT - its been several degrees belo ZERO for days, and even with the sun, its cold - I have not been out since Tuesday Afternoon (when it was above ZERO)

Brian

I hope it doesn't take too long. I am tired of outside already. I froze my butt off this morning brushing off snow and scraping the ice off the windows of my trucks. It got even colder shoveling.

It is a bit cold up here too this a.m., -1.

Due to not being able to schedule a time for the HDD to be replaced - the host has postponed the downtime. The downtime will most likely happen in two weeks from now. When I get a more definite time frame I will let you know.

B