These freaking headphones are great! The first song I cranked up was Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2. Great bass and mids. I don't even dare turn the volume up full. The firm setting is comfortable as hell and doesn't put pressure on my glasses. I like the fact that they're light as hell and I can lay down with them. Further tests will continue. Time for some Zeppelin!! :thumbsup:

So far I can handle 4 hours with the volume set at 7 on my stereo. Anything longer and my brain vibrates. :D I need to pick up a patch cable to hook my CD player to my stereo so I can really test them out with my Zeppelin 4 album set. I also need to get the inline volume control. Sometimes going from one music source to the next can really slam your brain. I am feeding everything through my stereo except the portable CD player. Maybe I'll break down and buy a new receiver/amp that uses a remote.

I have an old set of Koss studio headphones that are my favorites. Despite their age they sound awesome. The covering on the cushioning is coming off but they still feel great too. I have one major reason why I love these headphones though. My grandfather. They were his. When he passed away, my granny gave these headphones to me. I always use them. I even bought another set of Koss and never use them. I continue to use the old ones. They were great for when I was without my car and had to sit in the Library at college with my laptop. I could crank the tunes (DragonForce, Pagan's Mind, Queensrÿche and other great metal and rock) and watch my anime without bugging anyone. I like Koss stuff and I like Altec Lansing too. It saddens me that my old Altec Lansing Headset broke. It lasted a good 3 years or so of constant use.

Aside from my Koss studio headphones I have my faithful Panasonic clip-ons for portability. I've had them for about 4 or 5 years and they still work perfectly. Only the foam has torn up bad but even without it they're comfortable.

Hey TT try using them on a computer with a Sounblaster card that supports EAX. Listening to the vast majority of my music on the Rock preset is awesome, though I no longer use headphones on my computer (it's in my room so I have no need now). These Z-4's belt out some ridiculously good tuneage when the Audigy 2ZS is set right. Nothing like high quality high volume DragonForce from a good speaker/soundcard/effect setup.

• 1 year later...