ok...I wasn't sure where to put this since it will be strictly opinionated.

after 4 years my printer died.

I like canon but understand that they will no longer accept 3rd. party cartridges so maybe I will have to change brands.

http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.cfm?cat...threadid=688081

I would like opinions on good printers below the $100 mark that has cheap cartridges.

perferrably only 2 cartridgers...black...color.

usb and winme compatible.

this printer will be used 99.9% text.....not too concerned about photo printers.

I sure would appreciate any help on this as my wife prints a lot of recipes.

thank you.

We bought an Epson Photo R200 over a year ago. It has worked flawlessly. Although there are black and 5 colors, we bought 3 reloads (including 2 blacks each) on E-Bay for less than 2 carts for my old Lexmark. My neighbor has a new HP that came with her new Dell and the carts (2) from Dell are $119.

So whatever you purchase, check the reviews and make sure you can get a reasonable price on inks.

99% of my print jobs are text. I have a Brother laser printer that I love. Of course after our first grandchild arrives in June, I'm sure the wife will want a photo printer.

Mark

So, your wifw got any good recipes?

99% of my print jobs are text. I have a Brother laser printer that I love. Of course after our first grandchild arrives in June, I'm sure the wife will want a photo printer.

Mark

So, your wifw got any good recipes?

I just bought an inexpensive brother myself for $80. I love it. The HP that sethook mentioned also looks nice for the price. I was considering that one for a while.