hey guys, i have always had a problem with some files when i did an upgrade to xp home. i had ME b4 the upgrade.& ever since ive had those problems with volume button staying in taskbar & the taskbar keeps changeing icons in lower right handcorner. ok i want to do a repair install but when i put the cd in it says my system that is running is newer than the upgrade xp home....... its the same disk... what gives ???? and i cant do a clean install because i only have a 95 disk... the original was recovery disk ME any help on what i should do ??????some of you have tried to help b4 .... so anyone else ????? .....thanks & STAY SAFE

xp home upgrade

was ME

hpxg838

First, about your taskbar problems, have you tried this?

Right-click the taskbar and select Properties.

Click the Taskbar tab (if it's not selected already).

Uncheck "Hide inactive icons".

Does this show your Volume Control now?

Click OK Click OK.

OR

If you prefer to have most of your icons hidden, but not the Volume Control do this instead.

Click Customize.

Scroll through the Current Items list and highlight Volume.

Select Always Show from the dropdown list.

Click OK Click OK.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Have you tried your ME recovery disk to see if Home upgrade will accept it?

Does HP have any suggestions?

Can you borrow a friend's 98 install disc? (I think it wrong the Microsoft doesn't accept 95 for upgrading).

been there done that... it says always show & it doesent show....STAY SAFE

& ALSO IVEBEEN INTO THE BOTTOM OF THE COMPUTER & UNINSTALLED ALL ICONS IN TASKBAR....STILL NOTHING ..oops sry bout caps

no help from HP & i cant get upgrade disk to work because it says my system is newer than the one im trying to install..... its the same cd as i first installed,so how can it be newer????