Post Your Linux Screen Shot

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not bad but I think Linux just does not have the pop looking that it could.

rather then knock it, why not help code it so that you can help make it have more pop. ;)

latest desktop, took 9 hours to make this using the Gimp.

Very sweet, Dragon!

Well-said! Linux can be as flashy as any OS. I have a lot to learn to catch up with you, man:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Suse 10.0 OSS, running KDE 3.4.2. Nice, fast, and stable. I like it! :thumbsup:

I little behind the times aren't you hitest? Upgrade to 3.5 you'll like it even more trust me.

Heh-heh, I suppose, but, if it ain't broke, why fix it? :D

What are some of the things that you like in 3.5, Carnevil? Are there huge changes in 3.5?

Edited by hitest

Suse 10.0 OSS, running KDE 3.4.2. Nice, fast, and stable. I like it! :thumbsup:

I little behind the times aren't you hitest? Upgrade to 3.5 you'll like it even more trust me.

Heh-heh, I suppose, but, if it ain't broke, why fix it? :D

What are some of the things that you like in 3.5, Carnevil? Are there huge changes in 3.5?

Here's the new features for 3.5 http://www.kde.org/announcements/visualguide-3.5.php. Alot of the changes aren't huge, I've noticed a significant speed increase between 3.4 and 3.5. I do like that, I also like that konqueror now has ad-block, superkaramba is also now part of the base install. 3.5 is really just a small release with a few additional nice features, kind of a stepping stone towards 4.0, which is going to be huge.

Here's the new features for 3.5 http://www.kde.org/announcements/visualguide-3.5.php. Alot of the changes aren't huge, I've noticed a significant speed increase between 3.4 and 3.5. I do like that, I also like that konqueror now has ad-block, superkaramba is also now part of the base install. 3.5 is really just a small release with a few additional nice features, kind of a stepping stone towards 4.0, which is going to be huge.

Cool. Thanks for the link, Carnevil! :thumbsup: I'll go read up on 3.5. :D

It's just to bad Gnome doesn't look like these mockups http://desplesdadotcom.nfshost.com/?p=75, if it did I'd totally use it.

Agreed. I use Gnome on my Ubuntu box and it works just fine, but, in a choice between Gnome or KDE I'll go with KDE. KDE has more functionality than Gnome. I ran Gnome for a bit on my Suse box then changed over to KDE, it seems to run faster now.

Now, that KDE is really taking off maybe Gnome will start to add more features.

My two favourite desktops now are KDE and XFce4.

Edited by hitest

Very cool, naraku9333!! :thumbsup: Sweet!

Thanks, but in all fairness I cant exactly call it original, the wallpaper is from www.gentoo.org and I basically copied this desktop (it's not my style to copy, but I liked it so much I couldn't help it)