Sponsored By

hitest

Post Your Linux Screen Shot

This is a screenshot of my install of Zenwalk Linux version 4.2 I have changed my desktop a lot .. and this is the one that I have like the most.. my old idea didn't work out that well... but this one works out perfectly for me... ^_^

ZenwalkShot10-05-07.png

Tell me what you think of it.

Tell me what you think of it.

Welcome to our forum SerenadedAbyss! :D

It looks awesome. :thumbsup: XFce just kicks butt! :matrix:

Slackware 12, XFce.

post-92-1200624822_thumb.jpg

Here's My desktop. This is my favorite distro PCLinuxOS 2008 minime, as it's just "Racially Simple"

PCLOS2008.jpg

Sceeter32

Edited by sceeter32

I'm kind of a paranoid person so I patched my Linux boxes after reading about the root kernel exploit that came to light on Sunday.

post-92-1202859090_thumb.jpg

I decided to do a screencast for my latest Ubuntu install:

Very cool indeed, Matt! :matrix:

Slackware 12, XFce 4.4.2. Patched my unit a week or two ago to protect against the recently discovered root kernel exploit.

post-92-1203775198_thumb.jpg

Debian Lenny. I've set my repositories to testing. That way when Lenny becomes stable I'll automatically be moved to Sid:-)

post-92-1204851574_thumb.jpg

So I have a fairly 'no-name' component system put together by local shop, Athlon 64, Gig RAM, 256 NVIDIA. I've used a lot of *NIX in school and at work but its been awhile. I was really looking for something that would properly install without a headache, let me get to re-learning on something that works I guess. Every Linux distro I try dislikes either my video, NIC or HDD - strangely many LiveCD's would work very nicely (SuSE, Gentoo) until installed.

So anyway, I had been staying away from the BSD distro's because I just assumed the installs would be way too painful for a novice type like me. Eventually, after finding nothing in the Linux world that would take to my box I try out Desktop BSD (regular FreeBSD install already tried), well shit, it works perfectly. Recognizes all components, runs fast as hell. Here's a screen.

post-2651-1206197510_thumb.png