Post Your Linux Screen Shot

here is my new ubuntu-6.06 desktop. I am having a little hardtime getting used to it. I may try and use it for a while. I am not really up for learning all of the ubuntu/debian tools for doing stuff,

ubuntudesk.png

Looks good, shanenin! :thumbsup: Is your system Ubuntu 6.06 with KDE installed or Kubuntu? Yes, agreed, it took me awhile to get used to the debian/ubuntu way of doing things. :D

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay, compiling java, there's nothing more fun than that. :lol: Hopefully there will be packages available for FreeBSD6.1 soon. The FreeBSD foundation spent an ass load of money to get a license agreement so the project could have packages for JDK1.5. That way we don't have to fetch the sources and patchset, such a pain. Manually fetching 4 differant packages just to compile java sucks. :angry2:

snapshot10pa.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Arch linux 0.7.2 with the new 2.16.17 kernel. It's an alright distro, I've had a few problems, including X crashes and sound problems. But I've got most of those ironed out, I don't think I'll keep using this over FreeBSD, but it's nice. Here's some nice scenery.

snapshot39gu.th.jpg

Arch linux 0.7.2 with the new 2.16.17 kernel. It's an alright distro, I've had a few problems, including X crashes and sound problems. But I've got most of those ironed out, I don't think I'll keep using this over FreeBSD, but it's nice. Here's some nice scenery.

snapshot39gu.th.jpg

Looks good, Carnevil! :thumbsup:

Okay, so I'm getting bored waiting for Patrick to release Slackware 11.0. I thought I'd give Dropline Gnome a try. I'm pleased to report that Dropline is a very mature, solid version of Gnome for Slackware. It is better than Freerock Gnome in my opnion. :D

dropline.png

Thanks Hitest, pal of mine. How are you doing?

Check this ou,t this effect is simply aptly named "rain". Completely useless but kind of cool.

Love the forest seen btw. Where did you get it?

xgleffectsrain53nm.th.jpg

PS I have downloaded the dvd of edubuntu

an educational ubuntu for kids based on Dapper, will let you know what is like when I get it installed.

Edited by betamaxman
Thanks Hitest, pal of mine. How are you doing?

Check this out, this effect is simply aptly named "rain". Completely useless but kind of cool.

Love the forest seen btw. Where did you get it?

xgleffectsrain53nm.th.jpg

PS I have downloaded the dvd of edubuntu

an educational ubuntu for kids based on Dapper, will let you know what is like when I get it installed.

Hey betamaxman! :D I'm doing very well, my friend! I really like the rain drop effect you've got going there, very cool! :thumbsup:

The forest scene with my ubuntu desktop is the stock desktop after you install ubuntu. Yes, I like it too. :D

Yeah, I've been curious about edubuntu. Let me know if it is any good:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Is Xubuntu any faster than Ubuntu 6.06?

I don't really know, I guess it has to be. Though I'm just a noob,

I know XFCE is lightweight and built for speed.

There's no eye-candy and only minimal functionality built in -

You're going to need to add a few Gnome or KDE apps to make in useful,

(Gnomebaker for example).

I can say that Xubuntu 6.06 at 750 MHz "feels" every bit as fast as SUSE

10.1 on my xp2600. (of course SUSE is pretty feature-bloated).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...