Post Your Linux Screen Shot

Finished getting my Christmas present set-up yesterday. Bought a used 2.8 GHz Intel Core Duo with 2 GB DDR2 RAM from ebay. Ubuntu 8.10 is snappy on this unit. This is my first fast computer and I'm loving it:)

Very cool hitest! Get a good deal?

Why not put 64 btt on there?

Also, what's with the Windows wallpaper? :blink:

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finished getting my Christmas present set-up yesterday. Bought a used 2.8 GHz Intel Core Duo with 2 GB DDR2 RAM from ebay. Ubuntu 8.10 is snappy on this unit. This is my first fast computer and I'm loving it:)

Very cool hitest! Get a good deal?

Why not put 64 btt on there?

Also, what's with the Windows wallpaper? :blink:

Yeah, I got a good deal for the used unit:-) Heh, the Windows wallpaper happened as I was setting up the dual boot with XP Pro, I imported the settings from XP:-) LOL, yeah the wallpaper looks kinda weird:-) Heh, I like the wallpaper.

I'm happy with it so far. It has a DVD burner as well. It is interesting to have XP again.....although I don't boot into Windows that often.

Just started playing with GoogleEarth, as I've never had a Linux box fast enough to run it until now. It is pretty cool. This is my location on the North Coast of BC, Canada.

Slackware 12.2, KDE 3.5.10.

googleearth.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a Closeup screenshot, but I can give you a look at the server and its login screen - Its using Elive Gem:

Server.JPG

Brian

thats what VM's are good for, making screen shots of the login

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got around to trying FreeBSD 7.2. Installed it to a spare partition on my Dell Pentium D. Had some problems identifying the USB keyboard and mouse while in KDE. I fixed the issue by manually enabling hal and dbus which for some odd reason are not enabled by default in FreeBSD 7.2.

FreeBSD 7.2, KDE 3.5.10.

freebsd72.jpg

My Ubuntu 9.04 with screenlets, and the girl is Megan fox if you wanted to know.

Very nice, man:-)

Running XP Pro SP2 in a VM inside Slackware 12.2. Scanning for malware:-)

post-92-1244426182_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...