Sponsored By

hitest

Post Your Linux Screen Shot

xmonad on FreeBSD 6.2.

15914145da0.th.jpg

In related news, I'm using 'nix again after months in WinXP-land. Unfortunately, I'm using it on a six year-old Dell notebook. If I finally break down and replace my (working but offline) desktop this month (or later this year, if Barcelona sucks) I should be posting again.

My buddy Carnevil let me know about this cool, light and fast bittorrent client yesterday. I used it on my daughter's Ubuntu box to download the new Opensuse 10.3 live cd. It functions very well indeed.

Deluge is worth a look. :thumbsup:

Deluge

Ubuntu-deluge.jpg

Got bored this afternon so I did a dist-upgrade on one of my Debian boxes, upgraded from Etch to Lenny.

It is running well with Gnome 2.18.3 and a 2.6.22 kernel. :matrix:

lenny.jpg

Slackware 12.0, with XFce 4.4.1.

Just tried an experiment and set-up Claws-Mail 3.0.2 using IMAP and my gmail account. I used the "other" settings that are in the on-line gmail mail settings. Claws Mail 3.0.2 is a ripping fast e-mail client. My buddy Carnevil turned me on to this client awhile ago. :thumbsup:

Hey come on in for a cold one:-) just watch out for Igor in the dungeon, he's cranky today.

Slackware 12.0, XFce 4.4.1, 2.6.21.5 kernel.

post-92-1197901852_thumb.jpg

Couple of mine.

1st one is Gnome (used by my kids mostly) the 2nd is Fluxbox w/ fbpanel and a few dock apps (My choice)

Sorry about the 'readability' of the 2nd one's screen shot term....you get the idea/info from 1st one tho.

post-886-1198248174_thumb.png

post-886-1198248291_thumb.jpg