Post Your Linux Screen Shot

That beautiful. do you guys have lots of bears(grizzlys) and wolves in your back yard?

Yes, it is really beautiful! :thumbsup:

Our little town has been paralyzed by the huge dump of snow. Businesses and schools are closed this morning. Snow plows are getting stuck in the snow drifts and there's a 1-2 hour wait to get a taxi. I'm off work this a.m...........yipee. :matrix:

Yes, we do have a lot of wildlife in my area, shanenin:-) I've seen wolves, deer and porcupines in my backyard. In our town you need to have sturdy lids on your garbage cans to prevent the black bears from going through your garbage. We have grizzlies further into the interior of our province:-) This is the most snow we've had in awhile. It took me a bit of time to post this message as there are downed power lines in our area and we lost power temporarily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Debian 4.0 (Etch) is now stable, it was released on Sunday, April 8, 2007. I did a clean install last night using the netinstall iso. I am very impressed. I haven't noticed any glitches. It ships with up to date software like FF 2.0.0.3 (Ice Weasel) and T Bird 1.5.10 (Ice Dove).

Two thumbs up from me. Debian is rock steady, reliable. I like it almost as much as Slackware. :thumbsup:

debian4-stable.jpg

Debian 4.0 (Etch) is now stable, it was released on Sunday, April 8, 2007. I did a clean install last night using the netinstall iso. I am very impressed. I haven't noticed any glitches. It ships with up to date software like FF 2.0.0.3 (Ice Weasel) and T Bird 1.5.10 (Ice Dove).

Two thumbs up from me. Debian is rock steady, reliable. I like it almost as much as Slackware. :thumbsup:

debian4-stable.jpg

Nice hitest! I downloaded the first Etch DVD ISO yesterday and plan on installing it on a spare laptop within the next few days.

debian4-stable.jpg

Nice hitest! I downloaded the first Etch DVD ISO yesterday and plan on installing it on a spare laptop within the next few days.

Thanks, Da5id! :D I hope you like Debian as much as I do. Have fun with the install. :D

FreeBSD 6.2, Xfce 4.4.1

Looks good, my friend!! :thumbsup:

Debian 4.0, Gnome 2.14.3

Those eyes creep me out, but it's looking good my man.

I still don't understand why Debian isn't atleast using Gnome 2.16.

Those eyes creep me out, but it's looking good my man.

I still don't understand why Debian isn't atleast using Gnome 2.16.

Heh-heh, thanks, my friend! :D

Debian 4.0, the stable branch, will only use very tried and true software. I agree with you though, I don't see anything unstable about the newer versions of Gnome. To get the newest, cutting edge software you'll need to try out "Lenny" the testing version of Debian which begins to incorporate bleeding edge software. The unstable branch of Debian, code named "Sid" has a lot of new stuff in it, but, the system may easily break and will on occasion need to be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
How do you take a screenshot?

It is quite simple really:-)

If you're running windows you can just type on the Print Screen button on our keyboard. Then open up any image editor like MS paint and click----->edit----->paste. Then click File-------->Save as. save the image as imagename.jpg.

Then upload the jpg image to any free image hosting site like photobucket. Then copy, paste the image code into a reply here.

If you're using Ubuntu Linux you can use the same method to capture an image. With other versions of Linux I'll use ksnapshot to do a screen grab.

screengrabhowto.jpg

After fighting Kubuntu for hours on end, I finally got it settled. Here's what it looks like now. I think I will be changing the wallpaper often until I find one I really like.

The pic is of the SOS Brigade (IE the primary characters) from The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

snapshot1.png

The 2 on the left are the main characters, Kyon and Haruhi.

I already decided to change. Like I said, I'll probably be switchin them often until I find one I really like.

snapshot2.png

This one is from Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team. The prominent one is the RX-79 Ground Type Gundam and the faded one is the MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom.