Sponsored By

hitest

Post Your Linux Screen Shot

Just did a clean install of Ubuntu 6.10 which was released two days ago. Edgy Eft is a worthwhile upgrade. I notice that the computer has a faster boot-up time and it seems to be more responsive, it uses less system resources. It ships with Fire Fox 2.0, Gnome 2.16, Open Office 2.04, and the 2.6.17.10 kernel. I like it. :thumbsup:

ubuntu6-2.jpg

:D nice, let me know how that version is doing. i just downloaded the previous version yesterday since that's the 1 i'm gona try first on my new computer as soon as the parts get here.

Thanks, mac! :D So far so good, my man:-) It definately uses less system resources. Ubuntu 6.06 LTS is also an excellent choice because the good people at Ubuntu will support it for three years, very cool. :thumbsup:

I used to have that same wallpaper, as far as cartoon devils go, she is cute :-)

edit added later//

here is my old desktop

bsd.png

Edited by shanenin

I used to have that same wallpaper, as far as cartoon devils go, she is cute :-)

edit added later//

here is my old desktop

bsd.png

Thanks, shanenin:-)

Yours looks good shanenin:-) Yes, I remember that desktop on your BSD station. I liked yours so much I chose it out of the different BSD wallpapers that I downloaded from freshmeat. :thumbsup:

Heh, you can tell it is the holidays, I've got way too much time on my hands. I just blew out one of my Slackware boxes and decided to give Debian another shot. I am pleasantly surprised, the text based installer is much smarter this time and did an outstanding job of identifying my hardware, including my new 17" LCD monitor. I ran Debian Etch beta 3 awhile ago and it was a bit buggy. This is Etch release candidate 1. Very smooth, very nice. :thumbsup:

EtchRC1.jpg

Xubuntu 6.10 running on an old PII I had laying around. I'm actually pretty impressed with how well this machine is running. Gnome and KDE were always too heavy and I could never quite get used to fluxbox. Xfce seems to be the desktop of choice on this old clunker :)

xubuntudesktopan8.th.jpg

Xubuntu 6.10 running on an old PII I had laying around. I'm actually pretty impressed with how well this machine is running. Gnome and KDE were always too heavy and I could never quite get used to fluxbox. Xfce seems to be the desktop of choice on this old clunker :)

xubuntudesktopan8.th.jpg

Hi Breen,

Yep XFce is awesome on older hardware. I had an old Pll 266 that ran Slackware and XFce very well. :thumbsup:

Welcome to our Linux forum, Breen. :D

Nice screenshot! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the suggestion, iccaros! I've installed vmplayer on my Ubuntu 6.10 box. This is a shot of a puppy linux virtual machine running inside my Ubuntu box. Cool. :matrix:

puppy.jpg

xubuntussyu0.th.jpg

new xfce desktop on xubuntu 6.10

Edited by Breen

This is my main work station. This is why I love Slackware Linux, you can take an older PC and breathe new life into it. This unit works very well for me. :thumbsup:

slackware-plll.jpg

FreeBSD 6.2, KDE 3.5.4. The ports collection has complete, updated software; I'm running FF 2.0.0.2, TBird 1.5.0.10, Seamonkey1.1.1, etc. :thumbsup:

unixpowered.jpg

This is spring....................right? :D This was taken a little over an hour ago looking out my back door up here in northern Canada. We've had over a foot dumped on us.

snowrulez.jpg