Oklahoma Weather

Sounds like you got it a lot worse up there than down here in Dallas.

They kept predicting freezing rain, but although the temp hung around freezind from Friday night on , all it did was rain.

We got over 4 inches which raised the lakes up 3-4 feet. Still most of them are 7-12 feet low, but considering we just had two years of drought that is a big help.

The freezing stuff finally hit here about 3am last night ; but the Texas sun came out and even though it dropped to 28 by noon the sun melted all the ice off the roads by then.

No heat is SO much worse than no internet!!

So glad you folks are safe! Especially seeing reports of ice in Missouri. Wow, ughhhh!

We dodged an icicle. Forecasted 5-8" of whitecrap or 3/4" of ice, depending on the county and the wind direction. Luckily we just got about 4 inches of snow. South of us just got a little ice. Funny thing was the Weatherguessers saying 5-8" was "heavy snow". Heavy snow?!?? Nahhhh, snow isn't heavy until one gets at least a foot or three. The weatherguessers have been spoiled by the mild winter so far, I think!

Liz

15 deaths blamed on ice storms

122,000 without electricity.

trees on home and highways.

bearskin without internet for 2 days.

I understand it's headed your way yankees.

have a good day.

Glad you made it thru safely, my friend.

http://www.lorisalisburygallery.com/wolfimages.html

2upstvk.jpg

http://www.lorisalisburygallery.com/wolfimages.html

Edited by sultan_emerr

Here in western Massachusetts it's 32 degrees and after a warm rainy weekend it's clear and dry. This is the most mild winter I can remember (so far). I think we just broke a record for not having snow this far into winter. Of course 20 miles north of me everything is covered in ice.

Edited by isteve

Bear i'll trade ya, in Wyoming for 2 weeks now its below O ....... Started at -25 and now its supposed to get to 5 above. last wednesday we got a blizzard with wind chill -45 but only 6 in. of snow !! You all stay warm & safe !!

We lucked out again. 1/4" of ice two days in a row then a dusting of snow. I prepared myself for another ice storm like we had in April of 2003. I bought plenty of canned goods and stocked the freezer. If we had a power outage the back porch can act as a freezer. I kept my grandmothers old gas 5 burner stove with large oven in the converted old store front. It is capable of maintaining warmth in this 20'x22' section of the house. No problem with ventilation. I have enough 12V motorcycle batteries to hook up to my UPS so I could get on the Internet for short periods if the phone lines didn't come down. In 2003 that is the only thing that didn't go out was the phones/DSL service. Some people lost power in a few of the counties in and around me with quite a few still not restored. Pretty much everyone living in this section of NY are capable of surviving this stuff.

I am waiting for a normal winter here. If it comes fine, if not oh well.

well all us rednecks are prepared for this stuff and everyone uses propane for heat so no problem. 4 1/2 inches of rain before it started freezing.

7 of those killed were illegals from mexico so they don't know any better.

the older people are the ones we have to watch out for..they are most helpless and usually can't afford propane.

Well, it's finally hitting Cleveland. Would'nt you know my truck decided to drop the starter at the same time. Damn truck's too big to fit in the garage. Oh well, I'm not planning on going anywhere

Mark

Hi everyone,

Sure has been a wierd winter so far!!! More like the ones I grew up with in the late 1940's and 50's.

We have recently had cold, about 4 inches of snow one day, some wind, some ice (luckily missed out on freezing rain so far), some rain with the now moderating temps that feel like springtime even some sunshine to boot. This has been such a wild winter, including a couple of small earthquakes here and there, with a little of nearly everything except Mt Saint Helens blowing her top and if that happens I'm leaving!!! :rolleyes:

Was cold enough to use the wood stove some of the time....(I hate east winds bringing cold down the Columbia Gorge). Brrrr! Glad to have the wood stove to ease the electric bill and keeps house warmer too!!!!

Also the silver lining of hubby being unemployed is he isn't out on the roads playing bumper cars like everyone else, with me worrying about him at home.

Instead of repeating all I said about the weather we've had in NW, on another forum thread I'll just link to it to save my dialup time from cutting me off pretty soon for being over alotted time. (Sorry about running upset and amuck there because I'd had troubles with mod locking Marsh's thread to Spaztech that I was trying to post to...so ignore that part).

This thread's first post at G4 gives a good description of our terrible weather in NW

Stay warm and safe folks.

Pat

God bless everyone

The sun is shining and the temps are starting to climb above zero. No snow forecasted for today. All we got was about a foot of white stuff the last couple of days. The first six inches was wet heavy crap that I spent 2 hours shoveling from my parking areas and walk. The following six inches was nice light, fluffy stuff that only took an hour to shovel. If only we didn't get the high winds that kept the windchill well below zero. Wierd winter here with only sixty inches of total snowfall to date. It seems nice not to have a couple of feet dumped at a time. I hope we don't get a nasty pay back.