Bubba's New Ride

not oil pressure issues with mine :) or else VTEC wouldn't engage. It runs partly off oil pressure. Good ole Honda Motor. It's been abused by previous owners but it's still fightin strong. Needs a new oil pan though. Again, previous owner abuse, current oil pan isn't the right one. Diff is worn out from apparently too many burnouts by the rice boy that was a previous owner.

Hope you get your pressure issue fixed. 202,000 miles ain't bad, but I was almost considerin buyin a 90-93 Integra that had well over 300,000 miles on it and it was still runnin perfectly with no issues. (the thing went well over 200,000 on the original clutch, amazing)

... Unfourtunatley w/ this many miles the oil pressure is quite low. Lows 20s on the highway and around 7 or 8 at idle :blink: Im thinking on going with 20w50 oil. Any thoughts on that? ...

Unfortunately, though the higher viscocity oil might increase the reported pressure (the pump will have a harder time moving it), it doesn't solve the actual problem (either a worn pump, or much more likely IMO, a worn engine -- larger clearances preventing high enough pressure).

I've done that, changed to a higher vis. oil in a worn engine, more for the oil's ability to "stick" in the bearings and passages instead of running like water to the oil pan. Just be sure the starting system can take the extra strain when cold.

3 months. I just need this engine to last me 3 months. So, for now Im just going to give it a bandaid :rolleyes:

This engine still pulls strong, and doesn't knock so Im not really too consirned.

200K miles on a clutch is pretty durn good. But im sure it was just a fluke :D

this motor has had at least 3 clutches. Maybe more. Since it's been in my possession, it's had 2. Shattered the ClutchMasters Stage 1 that was in it when the engine mount snapped. I replaced it with an Exedy Stage 1. Motor only has about 94,000 miles on it but this motor has been used for performance. That other was just an easy driven DD that was driven A LOT. As long as you take care of them, many Honda motors will last that long, particularly SOHC D-Series motors. But this Integra had a DOHC B18A in it (no VTEC so it was a little more simplified motor compared to mine). He took damn good care of the motor in that thing.

You might also want to try an additive like STP. I saw a late model stock car's engine saved by the stuff. He punctured his oil pan in a race, finished the last 3/4 of a lap to a win. When they pulled the engine down it had a nice slick coating on all the bearings, no damage. When I bought a used Brush Hog for my tractor, I checked the gear case and found it lacking in gear lube. Since I was out in the "boonies" for a long weekend, I added some of that Teflon "Motor Coat" to the case. What a difference in the after-spin of the blades when it was disengaged. It seemed like it would spin forever, compared to just a couple of rotations before the additive.

• 1 month later...

ALrighty,i did something stupid. I turned the truck over today. Me and a few friends were doing stupid crap on some dry, dirt back roads. The rear tire went off into a drainage rut going around a turn and things just went down hill from there. It ended up on its side in the middle of the road. Thankfully I got someone with a tractor to turn me back over. Other than a busted mirror and tail light, you really cant tell anything happened. Truck is still going strong. Damn I love my Ford :thumbsup:

BTW, this is what old beaters are for :D

truckroll.jpg

Edited by Bubba Bob

Whoopsey! Glad it wasn't too bad.

A friend was driving my Comanche off-road and hit a branch that went through the grill. He was all apologetic, I was all, "It's a truck." Same guy (hmm) badly scratched the bed during a move, same thing, "It's a truck."

On the other hand, another person borrowed the truck to move a Harley, loaded it using the lowered tailgate instead of removing it, which bent it badly in the middle. That, I thought was dumb and uncalled for. He claimed he didn't know you could remove the tailgate, but, is that really a little known secret?

Keep havin' fun with the truck!

Didn't know you could remove the tailgate? Wow, how old was this person?

Thank you! He was probably in his thirties at the time. A kinda macho guy; tatoos, goatee, wears leather, rides a Harley, hangs out at bars. You'd think he'd know that, huh?