Headphone/headset Suggestions

I have been sorting through most of the reviews I can find. I am trying to buy a set of headphones or a headset to use on my computer plus my stereo. I don't use a microphone so that isn't very important. I don't worry about game sounds. I like to listen to my music (classic rock and blues rock) LOUD and would like it clear. The main problem is that my PC and stereo are about 6' from where I relax at when listening to my tunes. An inline volume control is a necessity because I hate getting up to mute the sound if my phones rings and I want to answer it. The phone is next to where I relax (sofa).

I prefer that they have the 1/8"/3.5mm stereo mini plug and an inline volume control. I would like to keep the cost below $60 total. I have looked at Sennheiser, Sony, Koss and Altec Lansing.

Does anyone have a suggestion or recommendation? What brands/models have you used and what is your opinion of those products?

Hey TT,

Well, for about that price range I'd have to recommend my favorite portable headphones which I use daily, plus they come with a life time warranty (at least mine did) so if they break you send them back all you need to pay is shipping and handling, and write a small letter describing what's wrong with them.

My recommendation is the Koss Porta Pro headphones, they're great. I love them. The best portable headphones I've ever used. They're light, easy to bring places, have great sound and bass. The only thing they don't have which you may be able to buy separately is the remote control which you wanted. Other than that I'd say go with the Porta Pro's you won't be disappointed. I've been using mine for many many years now ever since my dad let me listen to his and I was like "Wow, that's a huge difference my from headphones. They make mine sound like crap."

here's a link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Koss-PortaPro-Headph...e/dp/B00001P4ZH

here's a link on Koss: http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?ope...;pc^pt^PORTAPRO

B

I have an old set of Koss 'phones from my old LP days. I soldered on the proper jack because the adapter was just too bulky. I like them alot. Unless I crank up some Molly Hatchett or Marshall Tucker alot no one knows I'm even playing music.

Mark

Hey TT,

Well, for about that price range I'd have to recommend my favorite portable headphones which I use daily, plus they come with a life time warranty (at least mine did) so if they break you send them back all you need to pay is shipping and handling, and write a small letter describing what's wrong with them.

My recommendation is the Koss Porta Pro headphones, they're great. I love them. The best portable headphones I've ever used. They're light, easy to bring places, have great sound and bass. The only thing they don't have which you may be able to buy separately is the remote control which you wanted. Other than that I'd say go with the Porta Pro's you won't be disappointed. I've been using mine for many many years now ever since my dad let me listen to his and I was like "Wow, that's a huge difference my from headphones. They make mine sound like crap."

here's a link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Koss-PortaPro-Headph...e/dp/B00001P4ZH

here's a link on Koss: http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?ope...;pc^pt^PORTAPRO

B

I looked at them. Koss makes an inline volume control adapter. I'm considering them or Sennheiser HD435

I bought the Porta Pro.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75