Opera Cpu Usage Problem: Fixed:)

If you are having problem with Opera using 100% cpu Cycles like I have this may help:

Most people who know me know I am a Opera fan through and through. IMHO there is no other browser that compares to it perfomance wise (CPU and Memory usage)

Lately I have had difficulty because of the 100% cpu usage. Not having the time to fully explore this has gone on for weeks (I had to use firefox which is good but I don't like it so well). Today I was tweaking while watching FreeMeter (great performance monitor with micro frootprint on system resources) as I go. I decided to explore the preferences in Opera. I have no MIC on this machine so as I was exploring I cam across the voice controlled browsing (never worked good) so I un-check it the CPU usage dropped to 0%. So I'm back in the saddle again.

Still in Love with Opera

Preston

Edited by rhema7
I have never tried that feature, nor would I allow it to install on previous versions.

I wish I had your forsight. I guess I wa curious when it first came out and never turned it off in the insuing versions.

Glad it is done now. I will reinstall without it next version.

Preston