Imacs Versese Pc

I was talking to my brother-in-law this Christmas. He got a job doing graphic design. They use imacs for all of this work. He told me they just use adobe programs that run on either windows or apple computers. He seems to think apple computers do a superior job when it comes to graphic design. Does an apple computer running an adobe program do it any different then a windows computer running the same program? Is their any advantage to using apple when it comes to graphic design?

edit added later//

As far as I see it they would be identical. Photoshop and Illustator would be the same whether run on windows or osX.

Edited by shanenin

There is really no difference between the two platforms running the same program. Most graphics people use Mac's because of tradition and once you learn to do things a cretin way you don't want to change. There may be some advantages to the mac not havening to run anti-viruses and spyware programs. But if Vista lives up to the hype I can't see any difference.

The only difference between the Mac and the PC is keyboard shortcuts that are used. For example in Flash the layout is exactly the same, the rendering is the same etc... but the keyboard shortcuts are different.

macs can require up to 3 keys to do the same as the ctrl-(key) combo