Shocking Event At Work.

Mike I am so sorry about what happened to your Aunt.

All of these cases are so sad, both for the victim, the abuser/murderer, and everyone connected with them.

Lots of what ifs and if onlys can be thought of, but nothing changes the reality of bad choices made even worse by escalated control-freak violence.

I narrowly escaped from an abusive situation (1st husband). The only reason I am alive is he didn't have the guts to actually pull the trigger or to beat me to death all the times he tried to for which I am very thankful!!! But escape wasn't easy way back then, and still isn't for women (and children) caught in the trap of bad choices putting their lives at risk.

I have written PMs back and forth with women and kids on other boards who are living nightmares of current or past situations that make my past look like a walk in the park. Yet they are managing to survive the best they can either as finally free of the situation or still stuck in it trying to solve an unsolvable problem. We should continually pray for and support those who are in such emotional and physical distress over past or present abuse, whether on the boards, or in the news, or in the neighborhood, in the workplace, or in church (yes I said church! unbelievable but true that Christians are just as likely to abuse as anyone else...and use the Bible against the victims...man of house/obey or else!).

A recent case here, a high school principal was accused of abuse by his new wife, he denied it...high school said he stays on job until trial, she backed downed when DA said not enough proof to take him to court....she committed suicide that day or next after getting the DA report...he is being supported "in his grief" by the entire school board and teachers etc...but not by all the community....and interestingly not be alot of the students!!!

A case a few years back up in Tacoma Wa. The police chief was an abuser, his wife left, he got visiting rights to kids and on one of the exchange days he shot her dead with their kids waiting in the car, then shot himself dead too, and now the kids have no one. Seems after the fact that the entire police department and city officials knew he was violent and had made threats to kill his wife and had abused her too, and they did nothing to help her, and he kept his job. Though getting fired over it might have triggered a violent attack too, in this case and one above as in many others where anything and everything can set the abuser off.

I am going to quit now and have a good cry, then will Praise God for getting me out before I became another murdered victim.

But before I go, if anyone wants some links for abuse victims you know to help them with ideas of how to leave in safest way...just ask. I will come back later and add them to this thread.

Pat

God bless everyone

My goodness Pat!!

I thank God that you had the strength and courage to not let your spirit be crushed by your ex! I'm so happy that you had the fortitude to get yourself out of that situation! :thumbsup:

My wife's Father is a very strange and abusive man, he terrorized my wife when she was a young child. To this day my wife's Mother lives a neurotic lifestyle with this creep.

It makes me feel great when I hear stories about women that have the courage and insight to know when it is time to leave a miscreant! :D

Wow!! That is a frightening picture of police corruption, Pete_C!! :ph34r:

People in your vicinity just accept that the police can and will bang down their doors at any time? Has anyone tried to pursue this further and take it to the DA? That sounds more like something out of South America. I seem to recall that you live in Texas, Pete_C.

I hope you're having a great Christmas, man! :D

Hah. Here there was a big scandal after it was discovered (by an undercover reporter) that the Narcotics division had been planting chalk on unsuspecting persons (mostly Mexican Immigrants) and claiming it was cocaine. The DA went along with it and did not request it to be tested or allow defense attorneys access to test it. The DA lost re election and two Narcotics officers lost their jobs.("January 2002: Dallas County prosecutors were working to dismiss 59 large-scale drug cases after it turned out that the drugs involved were not drugs at all but pulverized sheetrock. ") Then there were the ones caught stealing money out of peoples wallets during traffic stops. Then there was the one who forged documents to get his girlfriend (now wife) into the country and was caught smuggling $50,000 out of the country (and they say they do not get paid enough money).

Look at what a google search turns up

Then to top it all, they got the city council to pass an ordinance (Verified response policy) that they do not have to respond to a burglar alarm until the property owner or their representative arrives on the scene and verifies that there is an actual burglary in progress.

http://www.november.org/razorwire/rzold/27/page03.html

I can't find the article, but recently they shot an old lady to death, in a drug raid , after claiming they bought drugs from a young man at her house. Not that he lived there or was there when they kicked in the door and shot her.

And regarding Domestic Violence ; I once heard a woman say "He used to beat me a lot, but he was a good provider for me and the kids," what the hell kind of logic is that.

Edited by Pete_C
... Here there was a big scandal after it was discovered (by an undercover reporter) that the Narcotics division had been planting chalk on unsuspecting persons (mostly Mexican Immigrants) and claiming it was cocaine. The DA went along with it and did not request it to be tested or allow defense attorneys access to test it. ...

There HAD to be some kind of collusion among prosecutors, judges and defense attorneys if the defense attorneys were unable to have equal access to evidence ... that doesn't even make sense. :blink:

Yeah! Go Amerika!

A number of high ranking (assistant chiefs, the chief himself) officers lost their jobs because while it could not be proven they knew about it they sure should have. Most sued and got reinstated or got cash settlements. I think that the chief at the time got a big settlement and just recently got a new chiefing prosition in Georgia or Florida. The FBI got involved but in the end only one officer got time over it and he is still out on appeal I think.

But little has changed. A recent undercover investigation found officers assigned to airport security spending most of their shift at one business playing video games.