Heres the issue.

I have vonage and use thier Voice terminal.(DEVICE A)

But couple of months ago, I bought a better voice terminal/router (DEVICE B) from ebay.

However, I cannot use DEVICE B as a voice terminal because the e-bay seller is a scammer and did not close his vonage account.

So, I'm using it as a router.

So, my current connection thing is this:

CABLE MODEM > Voice Terminal/Router A > Voice Terminal/Router B > Computers

Now, what I want to do is TURN OFF the router stuff in Device Voice Terminal/Router A.

I want to do this because

Its annoying to have to open a port twice and my voice terminal/router a only allows me to open like 10 ports.

As long as you have one firewall up you are fine I guess. I do the same thing. I have a modem/router which is connected to a linksys hub. I have the linsys set to DMZ on my modem/router (DMZ means that all available ports are opened). Now I just have to open one port on the linksys to get through and have not had problems. Most people only have one firewall in their router and are fine with it. If you are worried about the extra security then you can use a software firewall to make up for loss of Device A's firewall

Edited by Sir_Siddy

have you called vontage, give them the MAC address and have it listed to you. I have had no issue With them doing this for me.

Heres the issue.

I have vonage and use thier Voice terminal.(DEVICE A)

But couple of months ago, I bought a better voice terminal/router (DEVICE B) from ebay.

However, I cannot use DEVICE B as a voice terminal because the e-bay seller is a scammer and did not close his vonage account.

So, I'm using it as a router.

So, my current connection thing is this:

CABLE MODEM > Voice Terminal/Router A > Voice Terminal/Router B > Computers

Now, what I want to do is TURN OFF the router stuff in Device Voice Terminal/Router A.

I want to do this because

Its annoying to have to open a port twice and my voice terminal/router a only allows me to open like 10 ports.