There's Nothing Worse Than....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, my griping about a slow Internet connection is a petty issue. But, over the last three weeks my life has been very stressful. There's nothing worse than worrying about your family!

Three weeks ago I noticed a small mole on my daughter's forehead, it has a very strange colouration. So I took her to the Doctor and he alarmed me greatly by saying that we needed to remove it immediately. I had to wait one week before a biopsy was performed, and then wait another week for the results. Thankfully, the results came back and my daughter does not have skin cancer. Some of my daughter's skin cells are atypical, and the mole will need to be completely removed after Christmas, but, the cells are not cancer!! At the same time we were waiting for the biopsy results my wife contracted bronchitis and was very sick. We've put this behind us.

The best Christmas present I've ever received came early this year. My wife and daughter will be okay. There is a God. :D

Praise God, for the good report on the mole, and that your wife is better too.

Yes there is a God and He loves you and everyone else!!! John3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life". Hallelujah!!!

Pat

God bless everyone

It's a Ford, need I say more

Day 2 going to my second job water pump goes bad

Day 6 power steering belt jumps off while 20 miles from home, mechanic didn't tighten the bolts on the power steering pump

Day 40 (first cold night) back on day 2 when they replaced the water pump they filled the radiator with water, didn't mention that fact. water pump froze and broke the power steering belt They also replaced the timing belt

Day 51 (yesterday) timing belt broke less than 3000 miles since they supposedly replaced it

yes its an interference engine, I rolled about 200 yards after ther belt broke so I am hoping it didn't do too much damage

Knew I should have gone Japanese, but the car drives great when it's running and it only has 80,000 miles on it

HA!!!

My car never had power steering, so it ain't there to break plus with that new engine mount and clutch, this bad boy is good for another 150,000 miles.

Edited by Honda_Boy
It's a Ford, need I say more

Day 2 going to my second job water pump goes bad

Day 6 power steering belt jumps off while 20 miles from home, mechanic didn't tighten the bolts on the power steering pump

Day 40 (first cold night) back on day 2 when they replaced the water pump they filled the radiator with water, didn't mention that fact. water pump froze and broke the power steering belt They also replaced the timing belt

Day 51 (yesterday) timing belt broke less than 3000 miles since they supposedly replaced it

yes its an interference engine, I rolled about 200 yards after ther belt broke so I am hoping it didn't do too much damage

Knew I should have gone Japanese, but the car drives great when it's running and it only has 80,000 miles on it

I think Id find a new mechanic, quick :o

Nothing worse than seeing your best friend go up in flames. :(

My favorite PC turned into a flame thrower yesterday and is completely destroyed. I am now stuck with the old shop PC HP Vectra running Win95. I had just sold my old Slot 1 AMD setup to a friend so she could do her school work.

Remember those questions about leaving your PC running 24/7 and what may happen. If I wasn't home when it occurred things could have ended up badly. The flames scorched my printer and the stack of printer paper before I could shut it down and put it out. This old house would have burned in a heart beat. What a light show. It scared the crap out of the dog.

I had a harddrive catch fire on me a few days ago. I had the side of the case off when it happened, so i was able to catch it right away before it got out of hand.

TT, sorry about the computer. Look at it this way, now you can upgrade :-) You can still salvage your MS licence, that is worth $100. Technically according to the eula, assuming you have oem or upgrade, the license to use windows burned with the computer.

Edited by shanenin
OK who is already working on a fire surppression system that will kill power to the machine and pump CO2?

MAC?

Thanks for the idea. I can now start offering my customers a new service, then again, that sounds like a liability nightmare.

Running out of hot water during a long shower in the winter...

This happens here at the manor. They use Electric Hot Water, so there are 10 floors of apartments: If you want a shower, you either have to get up before 5am, or at 5am, or wait to take a shower at 12 Noon. If you don't take a shower during those times, the water is ICE COLD, and you will be taking a shower at 11 or 12 Midnight.

Washington Apartments does not have this limitation, but there are 119 other people that live at the manor, and 51 apartments at Washington - over there, they use oil fired heat and hot water, and I swear, you could stay in there for 2 hours and have the hottest water available - here, if you tried to do that, you would run out - that sucks :(

Brian

We get about 25 minutes of hot shower. That is plenty for my wife and I to both take one. If my daughter gets in first(she likes 20 minutes, I don't know what she does in there), she does not leave enough for anyone else to take a full shower.

edit added later//

not complaining, we all mange fine. Since we have gas, it seems to heat pretty quick.

Edited by shanenin

I think I lucked out. I tore the PC down and cleaned off the smoke residue and dust out. I wiped the board down with alcohol using cotton swabs. I didn't notice any electronics damage. I dug around and found an old Sparkle Power 200W PSU that I used for an older yet Pentium I / Abit server setup. I went to fire it up and no go. I changed the power supply cord and away it went. XP popped right up and the first thng it did was notify that new hardware was found. All of my drives were redetected. I hope I don't have to mess with activation again.

I am shocked that the SP 200W PSU can power everything. All of my temps and voltages are good to go. Time to shop for upgrade parts anyhow. :)

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

yikes. PSU went up in flames? What brand was it? Don't under estimate some PSU's. I have an old Hipro that came in my Compaq (200W) and it powered that Compaq fine even with a GeForce FX5700 Ultra sitting in it. I stuck a 400W MGE in it when I put the 6600GT in it but it's a little wonky and I don't trust that computer to stay on over night. I do however leave my main rig on over night often for downloads and I certainly do trust the 450W Forton Saga in that bad boy. Nothing but quality components in that system, except maybe the mobo. EVGA's nForce 4 mobo's weren't really considered the greatest but the SLIx16 ones were considered decent which is what I have. That Maxtor hard drive though. Hmmmm. I'd rather have a WD or a Seagate.

One thing that's bad. Owing your dad $318 a week before Christmas so he can buy YOU a gift. Though I have paid the $570 for all the repairs and the engine mount, I still owe $318 for the clutch itself.

Another bad thing. Discovering your dad's truck needs a new $3000 transmission and clutch and you were the one driving it when the symptoms started. Yeah that made me feel really bad. I was on my way home from work when I started hearing a loud ticking that could feel through the shifter. Scared the hell out of me.

Sounds like someone thinks they're Mario Andretti. OEM clutch systems are not meant for speed shifting and hard launches.

I had one of the old RaidMax 400W power supply units with the aluminum casing and dual fans. The darn thing could break your toes if dropped even with the external aluminum case. It was well built and quite stable for going on 6 years.

I think the mobo and one hard drive may have taken a hit. My HDD0 clicked and froze the PC then after a reboot and chkdsk I had a 0x77 BSOD.

I just completed a wish list at NewEgg and now I am going to compare it with Tiger Direct.

well I was driving just like my dad would have. It just randomly broke. The clutch was fine but at 77,000 miles they just decided to replace it too.

My old car had its original clutch, flywheel, and trans and it handled my driving for 2 years. It also handled my retard brother's driving for about 2 or 3 years.

I liked the reviews and price of this power supply.

HIPER HPU-4K530-MS ATX12V v2.2 530W Power Supply

I've always been a WD man. This is more than big enough for me. I can create enough partitions for different OSes plus storage.

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JB 160GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive

Add:

BIOSTAR TForce6100-939

AMD Athlon 64 3200+

Kingston ValueRAM 1GB (2 x 512MB) (PC3200)

WinXP Pro SP2 OEM

Set of OKGEAR round cables

I end up with a decent SFF PC for about $520. I have yet to decide whether to buy or build a case.

Have you looked @ zip zoom fly dot com for parts?

My wife's Ford Expedition is showing a cyl misfire. Cyl #4 coil is $50 per cyl. Merry Christmas to me.

Don't even start the ragging of Ford, I will always buy from this dealer for their service after the sale is above and beyond what is needed. Vehicle needs to go in they deliver a loaner and then bring yours back, clean.