There's Nothing Worse Than....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waking up to the wife screaming in the bathroom....you see she sat when you left the seat up.

We now have an agreement. days are hers, I lift the seat and make sure it is down. Night is mine, seat stays up because I get up 2-4 times and I have lower back injury.

It works out.

M

an engine mount snapping taking your clutch down with it.

your 95 Civic meeting a 93 Cherokee face to face

College exams

looking for a new car when you need a new one ASAP

having your Mom drop you off at COLLEGE AND WORK

having your mom drop you off at college and work in a 96 Buick LeSabre (truck was in the shop so dad had the PT Cruiser)

how about stepping into an icy puddle and

finding out it's deeper than your boots are high

jim

I kind of did that today, except it was a chilly lake and the hole was deeper than the chest waders. The feeling is just coming back to my toes. :o

Besides a death or injury to family there is nothing worse than discovering that your tools have been stolen. Especially when the cost of the tools was over a couple grand. :angry:

Waking up to no power and an empty coffeepot, although the grounds in the bottom of the cup rank right up there--uggh!. Warm beer? No problem for me! :D

Funny how many posts involve coffee!! Proof it is a miracle drug!

Liz

There's nothing worse than having a main router fail on your ISP and having download speeds on par with a @#&^*%$^ 56 K modem. I pay for high speed DSL, but, our download speeds were terrible last week. The ISP took their sweet time replacing the router. Grrrrrrrrr. :D

Heh-heh, I'm not addicted to the Internet...................I just choose to go on-line....................a lot. :D

Hi everyone,

More coffee woes... hiting the pot's on switch in the morning then coming back after shower to find out I forgot to put coffee grounds in the night before..only water that is now hot...ugh!!! Tricky thing, our memory!!!

Now for what happened today, being woken up at 3:30 AM by a screeching alarm next door. Didn't know if it was a serious alarm about something in his workshop/garage, or ??? But very loud monotone that just went on and on and on and on and he didn't do anything about it. One neighbor tried to wake him up at his front door after checking out his backyard and determining it was his car not the garage. I called another neighbor to see if they had his phone number....nope. Finally called the non-emergency police number who sent out a patrol car to find out what was going on. Lady cop pounded on front door, rang bell, used her flash light to see if any life on main floor. I told her the neighbor I called had informed me the guy slept in the basement...she said how can he sleep through all this...I said maybe deaf? Anyhow she said "I'm going to go back to backyard and disconnect that d... car battery!!! In exasperation after only hearing the very loud alarm a few minutes, she asked how could anyone sleep through that awful noise? He finally came out as she (I assume it was the cop but couldn't see for sure) stopped the alarm somehow, so I don't know if she pounded on his basement window or if he finally decided to come out and disarm it himself after an hour and twenty minutes. Anyhow finally peace and quiet. So went back to bed to warm up under electric blanket... brrr!!!. Did I mention it was 28 degrees and heavy frost and some slick black ice so we didn't want to try to walk down/up steps to get to his place, didn't want to chance another bad fall.

So the neighborhood had to endure a stupid alarm for over an hour that owner either couldn't hear in far corner of his basement, or he just didn't want to go out in cold to deal with it. Grrrr!!!! So why have an alarm in the first place? Selfish, or at least inconsiderate of others, and this is not the only example. If he is really deaf (which I doubt since he talks to and answers people when he wants to) or even partially deaf as I have suspected over the years he's been there, I sure hope he has smoke detectors in house (all levels) with stobe lights to wake him up in a fire!!!

So okay folks, thanks for letting me blow off steam!!!

Pat

God bless everyone

Have waste management come at between 4:30 and 5:00 am every Tuesday for nearly two years to empty the dumpster next door (there is a consignment store next to me). When I called to complain that there was no reason for them to come at that time of the morning I was told it was because it was downtown they had to get it before people parked cars to block it in. I explained that this wouldn't happen here as they were sitting on my property to empty it. The dumpster itself sits on the neighbor property. I parked my car in front of it and the s o b's called the cops to tell me to move my car off my property. I finally fixed them when I realized that they had occupied a new addition at their building without final inspection or certificate of occupancy. After threatening to condemn the new addition they finally decided to empty the dumpster after 8:00 am. Finally my job helped me out. So now the city garbage truck comes round at 5:00am to collect the houshold garbage. On Tuesdays and Fridays, just can't win around here.

Or how about having lived in a house for a year then having the building inspector tell you one week before Christmas that you are occupying it illegally, that it is condemned and that you have to move out immediately.

The builder let them move in illegally, the house is so out of the way that you have to go through another state to get to it. I was the one telling them they had to vacate the premises, real sweet one week before xmas but my boss ordered me to do it, so no choice.

Have waste management come at between 4:30 and 5:00 am every Tuesday for nearly two years to empty the dumpster next door (there is a consignment store next to me). When I called to complain that there was no reason for them to come at that time of the morning I was told it was because it was downtown they had to get it before people parked cars to block it in. I explained that this wouldn't happen here as they were sitting on my property to empty it. The dumpster itself sits on the neighbor property. I parked my car in front of it and the s o b's called the cops to tell me to move my car off my property. I finally fixed them when I realized that they had occupied a new addition at their building without final inspection or certificate of occupancy. After threatening to condemn the new addition they finally decided to empty the dumpster after 8:00 am. Finally my job helped me out. So now the city garbage truck comes round at 5:00am to collect the houshold garbage. On Tuesdays and Fridays, just can't win around here.

Or how about having lived in a house for a year then having the building inspector tell you one week before Christmas that you are occupying it illegally, that it is condemned and that you have to move out immediately.

The builder let them move in illegally, the house is so out of the way that you have to go through another state to get to it. I was the one telling them they had to vacate the premises, real sweet one week before xmas but my boss ordered me to do it, so no choice.

Wow Robroy, that's some strict crap to deal with. BTW, we need the story on your car.

It's a Ford, need I say more

Day 2 going to my second job water pump goes bad

Day 6 power steering belt jumps off while 20 miles from home, mechanic didn't tighten the bolts on the power steering pump

Day 40 (first cold night) back on day 2 when they replaced the water pump they filled the radiator with water, didn't mention that fact. water pump froze and broke the power steering belt They also replaced the timing belt

Day 51 (yesterday) timing belt broke less than 3000 miles since they supposedly replaced it

yes its an interference engine, I rolled about 200 yards after ther belt broke so I am hoping it didn't do too much damage

Knew I should have gone Japanese, but the car drives great when it's running and it only has 80,000 miles on it

Heh, my griping about a slow Internet connection is a petty issue. But, over the last three weeks my life has been very stressful. There's nothing worse than worrying about your family!

Three weeks ago I noticed a small mole on my daughter's forehead, it has a very strange colouration. So I took her to the Doctor and he alarmed me greatly by saying that we needed to remove it immediately. I had to wait one week before a biopsy was performed, and then wait another week for the results. Thankfully, the results came back and my daughter does not have skin cancer. Some of my daughter's skin cells are atypical, and the mole will need to be completely removed after Christmas, but, the cells are not cancer!! At the same time we were waiting for the biopsy results my wife contracted bronchitis and was very sick. We've put this behind us.

The best Christmas present I've ever received came early this year. My wife and daughter will be okay. There is a God. :D

Heh, my griping about a slow Internet connection is a petty issue. But, over the last three weeks my life has been very stressful. There's nothing worse than worrying about your family!

Three weeks ago I noticed a small mole on my daughter's forehead, it has a very strange colouration. So I took her to the Doctor and he alarmed me greatly by saying that we needed to remove it immediately. I had to wait one week before a biopsy was performed, and then wait another week for the results. Thankfully, the results came back and my daughter does not have skin cancer. Some of my daughter's skin cells are atypical, and the mole will need to be completely removed after Christmas, but, the cells are not cancer!! At the same time we were waiting for the biopsy results my wife contracted bronchitis and was very sick. We've put this behind us.

The best Christmas present I've ever received came early this year. My wife and daughter will be okay. There is a God. :D

It sad it always takes something like that to put things in perspective. I hope they're OK and pray for their continued good health

Mark

It sad it always takes something like that to put things in perspective. I hope they're OK and pray for their continued good health

Mark

Thanks, Mark. Yes, very true, when bad things happen it does put things into perspective. Thanks for the prayers, Mark! :D