Hello, I have a Sony PCV-RS320 and lately my audio hasnt been working on certain things. The only things the audio works on are Winamp, Windows Media Player, and VLC... it doesnt work when I try to watch streaming movies online (that dont use WMP, such as Youtube), Trillian, and Steam. I tried reinstalling the original audio drivers from the Sony support site. I dont think there have been any driver updates.

Hello, I have a Sony PCV-RS320 and lately my audio hasnt been working on certain things. The only things the audio works on are Winamp, Windows Media Player, and VLC... it doesnt work when I try to watch streaming movies online (that dont use WMP, such as Youtube), Trillian, and Steam. I tried reinstalling the original audio drivers from the Sony support site. I dont think there have been any driver updates.

Could be a setting in your IE or Firefox whichever you use. Look in your Tools, Internet Options then Advanced under multimedia.

Edited by lefty1953
Trillian certain types of streaming media played in both Firefox and IE (only WMP format plays) Steam chat and some others I cant remember off the top of my head.

Have you checked you Sounds and Audio device Properties in the Control Panel? Under Audio make sure there isn't a check mark on "USE ONLY DEFAULT DEVICES". Other than that and the settings in IE and or FireFox I just don't know.