What Happens If Xp Reinstalled

a question on the g4ttv raised an interesting point..if you were to do a reinstall of xp home now..and went to win updates..would you be able to select individual critical updates..or would you only be presented with sp2..which presumably includes all the sp1 and subsequent critical patches..?

wayne :blink::unsure:

Yes, you can select the updates but... being able to tell which is which ..? i dunno. I do not have sp2 nor will I but that is a very valid question. If you are brave enough to endure sp2 please post back and let us know

Not at home guys.... :)

a question on the g4ttv raised an interesting point..if you were to do a reinstall of xp home now..and went to win updates..would you be able to select individual critical updates..or would you only be presented with sp2..which presumably includes all the sp1 and subsequent critical patches..?

wayne :blink::unsure:

Rereading your question, I missed the main part. You would still go to the old update site. And I'm sure there would be critial updates for otherthings on ones system. But Then SP2 updates IE and Windows Media Player, along with DirectX. One would have to try it to really see what it offers for updates. Could just be one looooooong SP2 update.