Hi there,

I just got a Lexcron Genie webcam, which was *great* the first day I installed it. Then I opened my laptop the next day, and whatever I try to do with it, whatever program I use, it errors in some way. MSN tells me it's either not plugged in or in use, AMCap (which was the software supplied with it) says "cannot preview this graph!". The Windows Scanner and Camera Wizard also says that it might be in use by another program or user.

I uninstalled the original drivers supplied on the CD, and instead tried the ones offered on their website, but the same problem occurs. I've tried everything I can think of, and am almost thinking I may have some kind of malware that's stopping it from working.

Anyone else had any problems with webcams giving this kind of error? Any ideas how to fix it? The Lexcron site's rubbish and offers no help, and their tech support that you can email give me a number to ring with people who obviously are just reading from a script and have no real troubleshooting experience.

Please help! Thanks in advance (I hope ^_^ )

Jo

It could be a USB problem. Try switching USB posts then start the computer and see if the camera is detected. If Windows does detect it as new hardware then install the drivers again. How many USB items do you have plugged in? If there are too many there may be not enough power (USB) for all of them.

I don't think it is a USB issue - it worked fine when I first installed it. I put my laptop to sleep, I opened it, and nothing. I only have two ports, one for the cam and one for my external drive.

Plus, I know the camera is being detected fine - the icon in the system tray shows it, as well as the LEDs working on the camera in low light settings, just nothing can get an output from it.