Some Music I Have Discovered

*Note* Before listening I must let you know first thing. This is extremely fast, heavy, powerful, intense metal.

Normally I don't like speed metal too much and this stuff is extremely close to speed metal. It is however very melodic and sounds absolutely wonderful to me. After a song finishes it's just like of feeling of "woah that was awesome".

The band is DragonForce. They are from the UK. They play songs with fantastic or epic themes usually drawing inspiration from video games and other fantasy themed things like Lord of the Rings. Songs usually deal with epic battles or things of the sort.

I was expecting when my friend in my PC Systems support class gave this to me to be more like what he usually listens to. We are both metal heads but he likes the more intense screamin' and hollerin' metal while I prefer melodic metal such as Dream Theater or Pagan's Mind. I was pleasantly surprised with this stuff. So without further ado.

This song is called Revolution Deathsquad. Very odd name but a very great song in my opinion.

DragonForce - Revolution Deathsquad

This song is called Operation Ground and Pound. Again odd name great song.

DragonForce - Operation Ground and Pound

Enjoy!

I like them... B) though I've only heard some of their stuff....but then I like almost anything that will be loud and take the hair off your head... :P

Herman Li and Totman are a couple zany players alright...Herman Li has mentioned in Guitar World as being dubbed...Nintendo Metal...Extreme Power Metal...Bon Jovi on Speed...Journey meets Slayer.... :lol:

Actually Jamie is pretty cool and he gave me all 3 of their albums in MP3 format. I will not burn CD's. That really makes my brother mad (he works in the recording industry). I will eventually buy the albums so i can listen to them in my car. My current CD player doesn't have MP3 capabilities like my other one in the garage but I hate rewiring.

Why must people condone music like this,

Slamming on your instruments doesn't = good.

In fact any nobly born drummer can slam on the double bass and snare drum like that.

Real metal = BlackLabel, Zeppelin. Maiden ect.

But...Whatever floats your boat =P.

Well No crap. I hate that screaming and hollering, pounding and banging crap. This stuff is melodic and you have to give it to the drummer that he has some skill to able to play that precisely, that fast. Ditto on the guitarists. Their drummer does more than just "slam" his drums. He goes all over the thing and extremely quickly too. Hell even the greatest drummer in the world (or at least I think he his), Neil Pert of Rush plays like that in a few songs. Ever heard One Little Victory.

The best description I've heard of DragonForce so far is my brother's. he loves them too and he says this "They're like Dream Theater on crack".

I think what he is trying to say is that many modern day 'musicians' just slam random crap on their instruments, put it on CD, and call themselves artists. The amazing part is that millions of teens all over the world buy their CD's and listen to it religiously like its pure talent. And I won't even go into my own opinions hehe.

• 5 months later...
I prefer melodic metal such as Dream Theater

I love Dream Theater! They are great. I only have their CD Octavarium though..............

And i like DragonForce too. My friend told me about them.

-Joseph

Why must people condone music like this,

Slamming on your instruments doesn't = good.

In fact any nobly born drummer can slam on the double bass and snare drum like that.

Real metal = BlackLabel, Zeppelin. Maiden ect.

But...Whatever floats your boat =P.

Because we like it, and the band does too. Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean others dont. Frankly, I would say the same about rap/hip hop, and pop. And just because they p[lay like that(which isnt allways the case) doesnt mean they are bad at playing music.

Take Slipknot for example:

Joey Jordison is super amazing, here is a link to something he did i think for a dvd (its a sound check though, so its not a song, really im just saying, hes extremely fast and can hold a beat nice):

Then Sid Wilson(theres a guy that talks every once in a while, thats not his mix):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzcLH5BIZ_Y

and etc.

-Joseph

Wow, talk about diggin up an old thread. Yeah I'm a huge Dream Theater fan now. I have Images and Words, Metropolis Pt.2: Scenes From a Memory, and Octavarium. Metropolis Pt.1 is only one song and is part of Images and Words. Great stuff. I really like Octavarium right now.

It is interesting how many people call Zeppelin metal, I personally like to think of them as classic rock, along with AC/DC who I have also heard people call metal...weird.

Zeppelin is more blues like, not at all metal.