Pre-installed Linux Pcs

I don't think this is spam, but, if anyone thinks I'm pushing a Linux company please let me know and I'll remove this thread. I think this is a cool idea that computer companies are getting into Linux.

I don't think this is spam, but, if anyone thinks I'm pushing a Linux company please let me know and I'll remove this thread. I think this is a cool idea that computer companies are getting into Linux.

Well, you are a known spammer after all... :P

I think this is great. One of the larger companies needs to start offering linux though. Then can you imagine how mainstream it would become?

Edited by Bubba Bob

Well, you are a known spammer after all... :P

I think this is great. One of the larger companies needs to start offering linux though. Then can you imagine how mainstream it would become?

LOL, agreed :lol:

I think it is great, too. Yes, if the big companies like Dell, IBM, and HP offered a lot of Linux PC choices then that would be amazing.

Dell computers used to come with linux, but it wasn't very popular.

They still do, but their licenses with Microsoft restricts how they can advertise it, and requires them to put up the message saying , Dell recommends windows XP

They still do, but their licenses with Microsoft restricts how they can advertise it, and requires them to put up the message saying , Dell recommends windows XP

Right! If you do a bit of digging at Dell you can find some servers that hint about Linux, but, there isn't any direct hype about Linux. M$ has a lock on Dell. Perhaps as more people want Linux/Unix then Dell will provide it. This will take time. aaarrrggghhh :D

Right! If you do a bit of digging at Dell you can find some servers that hint about Linux, but, there isn't any direct hype about Linux. M$ has a lock on Dell. Perhaps as more people want Linux/Unix then Dell will provide it. This will take time. aaarrrggghhh :D

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global....;l=en&s=biz

Thanks iccaros, I stand corrected:-) Dell offers more Linux than I thought. Cool. :D

Thats ridiculous. Now that you say that I have noticed other venders use that same phrase.

The sad part is, many people would pay less to have windows not come preinstalled and put an illegal copy on thier computer. None the less, that does not justify microsofts behavior

The sad part is, many people would pay less to have windows not come preinstalled and put an illegal copy on thier computer. None the less, that does not justify microsofts behavior

Yeah, it is akin to extortion the tactics that are used by M$ to keep the computer venders in line. In the end it will be the end user who decides. Little by little more people are becoming *nix aware. I think we are living during interesting times for Linux. :D

WOW this in interesting news, i especially like the article about the guy who got a refund for his copy of windows on his new dell computer.

and yeah hitest is a big spammer but only this kind.

Yeah, I thought that was cool that the guy got money back for an OS that he didn't want or use.

LOL, spam, spam, spam, spam, wonderful spam. :lol:

it's too bad they are only showing it offered on their Servers. Now if they would start mainstreaming it on their desktops more.

I agree Hitest, we are seeing a nice trend for linux. I have talked to a number of people this past month that want me to move them over to linux. I'm starting to run out of time to them all, hehe. let's keep em rolling.

it's too bad they are only showing it offered on their Servers. Now if they would start mainstreaming it on their desktops more.

I agree Hitest, we are seeing a nice trend for linux. I have talked to a number of people this past month that want me to move them over to linux. I'm starting to run out of time to them all, hehe. let's keep em rolling.

the weird part is, if you are in Europe and Asia, they show Linux desktops.. only in the US & Canada do they show servers only.

the weird part is, if you are in Europe and Asia, they show Linux desktops.. only in the US & Canada do they show servers only.

Heh, it must be that good old M$ voodoo black magic working in North America. :D The European Union isn't M$ country. :D

Cool!!!! :thumbsup: I love reading about Linux success stories!! Right on, Dragon!!! :D