Winter Is Back

I am here in Rochester, southern Minnesota, and winter has shown its self today. I am not sure on official amounts, my eyeball says we have over 6 inches going on 8 of snow. Yuck.

edit added later//

I think predictions are 4-6 inches, but it sure seems like more

Edited by shanenin

I JUST heard on the local weather report about all the snow you folks have been getting. Ughhhhh and hoping we don't get that much, but with the prevailing winds, I'm betting we get your leftovers. We're "predicted" to get 1-6 inches of the junk. Sure hope not, but this evening we've had rain, wind, snow, sleet, thunder, lightning and cold. Everything under the sun but sun!

You folks with your pleasant weather make me so jealous!

Liz

we got about an 1/8 of an inch here in Des Moines, IA. I'm looking out my window now and almost all of it is melted already. What is left will be gone today.

I'm not complaining, up in Algona which is 3 counties north of me, got 13 inches of it.

The thing that really cracks me up when it comes to winter, and I'm just as guilty, is people complaining about the snow if they in the northern half of the country. Why is it that we live here, and complain about the snow? If we don't like it why don't we all move south where it's warmer?

I JUST heard on the local weather report about all the snow you folks have been getting. Ughhhhh and hoping we don't get that much, but with the prevailing winds, I'm betting we get your leftovers. We're "predicted" to get 1-6 inches of the junk. Sure hope not, but this evening we've had rain, wind, snow, sleet, thunder, lightning and cold. Everything under the sun but sun!

You folks with your pleasant weather make me so jealous!

Liz

We're getting your leftovers. It makes it quite difficult working outside.

we got about an 1/8 of an inch here in Des Moines, IA. I'm looking out my window now and almost all of it is melted already. What is left will be gone today.

I'm not complaining, up in Algona which is 3 counties north of me, got 13 inches of it.

The thing that really cracks me up when it comes to winter, and I'm just as guilty, is people complaining about the snow if they in the northern half of the country. Why is it that we live here, and complain about the snow? If we don't like it why don't we all move south where it's warmer?

Hurricanes and earthquakes come to mind

Mark

And if you move down here, you have to put up with the humidity and as stated by garmanma, hurricanes.

Because we don't want you yanks down here.