A Strange Tale

Hey everybody,

I thought I'd share this little story with y'all because it still has me a little weirded out....

While at work on Oct. 28th I had more than a passing thought of my childhood/high school sweetheart....I've thought of her over the years off and on but not like this and it's been over 16 years since we spoke.

I figured, what the hell, I'll at least run the standard stalker-style internet searches for her to see what I come up with....I found what seemed to be enough information on her to show up at her doorstep if I were a raving nut...lol

But like most things in my life, I over-think things, questioned my motives, and decided to not get in touch...mostly out of not wanting to be the crazy guy that she hoped to never hear from again.

Anyway, Data dismissed and life goes on but still thinking about her quite a bit.

I woke up for work on Nov. 7th to the usual routine...get ready, grab my keys and check my phone messages on the way out the door....you might guess where this is going.

Yep! a message from HER!!!!! :blink:

Can you believe that $***?!!!

She doesn't leave a number (*69 got that easy enough), and says maybe she'll try back sometime.

So, I do what any internet capable nut would do and google the number...turns out that the data I found on the first run was pretty close but now I'm feeling like I'm back to square one about contacting her....Except this time I'm questioning her motives.

Ever thought so loud about someone that they heard you over 250 miles away?

Or maybe been the one that heard it?

The goofy romantics that I know (yeah, all women) seem to think it's a sign....A sign of what, I don't know....they seem to like throwing around the words "destiny" and "soulmates" alot though...lol

I'm not going to go ahead and sound like some new-age nutcase and tell you why I think she called. :P

She thought of you too, unlike you she didn't stop when she found the needed information. Simple enough. Call her and tell her as much of your story as you think will not scare her. :D

(New-age nutcase story: Throughout my life, whenever I think of someone if I don't call them soon, they call me.)

------

Edited by JDoors
The last time I had an old S/O contact me was to ask if I would take a paternity test. :blink:

Since it's been sixteen years, worst case, he pays for two more years. And without pointing any fingers or asking any questions, sixteen years ago high school sweethearts didn't necessarily mean potential fatherhood. Could, but not necessarily. :unsure:

The last time I had an old S/O contact me was to ask if I would take a paternity test. :blink:

Since it's been sixteen years, worst case, he pays for two more years. And without pointing any fingers or asking any questions, sixteen years ago high school sweethearts didn't necessarily mean potential fatherhood. Could, but not necessarily. :unsure:

I did that math a long time ago....lol

I moved from the state 3/22/89, her child was born 5/5/90....Since I don't recall ever hearing of a gestation period of 13.5 months for a human, I think I'm in the clear on that one....lol

I do remember being somewhat disappointed at the time that the boyfriend after me wasted no time in knocking her up though. <_<

Maybe TT75 is the daddy, he lives about 35 miles from her! :o:lol:

I did that math a long time ago....lol

I moved from the state 3/22/89, her child was born 5/5/90....Since I don't recall ever hearing of a gestation period of 13.5 months for a human, I think I'm in the clear on that one....lol

I do remember being somewhat disappointed at the time that the boyfriend after me wasted no time in knocking her up though. <_<

Maybe TT75 is the daddy, he lives about 35 miles from her! :o:lol:

:blink: I did travel a lot (mostly Oswego, Cayuga and Onondaga counties).

Hmmm. August and September 1989. I was partying with a few different out of town chicks. That was the year I opened the bar.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75
  • 2 years later...

OK, sorry for doing the super retro-bump but I thought I'd share this....

As you may have read my first post....She didn't end up calling me back until spring of '07...It was a very brief phone call and somewhat anti-climactic....Just the usual catch up stuff and told me she was pregnant with twins and she'd write me a letter and send pics, my curiosity was quenched and I moved on...but no letter ever came. I don't know why I googled her later in '07 but found the birth announcement...didn't send a congrats or anything. She left me a happy birthday message that year and then nothing in '08

Well, she crossed my mind a bit the other night...yesterday morning she started texting me...A LOT!

Sent emails, pics and more texts...and started bright and early again this morning.

Women are fricken nutz :blink:

I wouldn't use this particular example to draw the conclusion that "women are nutz." After all, YOU were thinking of HER and either did, or were tempted to, look her up before she contacted you. Unless you're saying in a round-about way that YOU'RE nutz! :lol:

It's the Internet, that's all. A relativly new and easy way to look up people that cross your mind, people who in recent history you'd have just lost any chance of contacting.

I had a recent example myself, someone who just popped into my head so I thought I'd look him up. Found his obituary. It was the first search result (which I thought was odd considering how many times you might look someone or something up and you get ba-jillions of results, here the number one result was EXACTLY what I was looking for).

-----

Edited by JDoors
I wouldn't use this particular example to draw the conclusion that "women are nutz." After all, YOU were thinking of HER and either did, or were tempted to, look her up before she contacted you. Unless you're saying in a round-about way that YOU'RE nutz! :lol:

-----

Heh, Oh, no "round-about" about it, I'm a self-admitted nut. :rolleyes:

And to be honest, I came to the conclusion that women are nuts a long time ago....but it can still baffle me at times.

The "particular example" in this case isn't really the fact that she initiated contact again (that part is only a little spooky to me now)...it's how aggressively she did so and started blowing up my phone with texts, like she wants to get to know me all over again via that method....eg. sending me an email and then texting to see if I read it while I was busy replying to it, and then expects me to keep texting while I'm typing out an email....yeah, I consider that somewhat nutty behavior. :wacko:

I told her to shut up and read the email and I'll catch her later....probably be another couple of years 'til I hear from her again :lol:

Eh, I'd just file that under "Internet-era behavior." Some people text and IM and e-mail more than others. A LOT MORE! :lol:

I gave up IM'ing with a friend from another state entirely. I'd never get ANYTHING done if I answered her every time she IM'ed me.

The "old" way is slowling losing contact with someone over time. A friend, co-worker and roommate-for-a-short-time moved downstate, and our communications have gone down to sending a Christmas card each year (and this year I believe I only got one because I sent one first).

Now, if they kept up the kind of communication your old schoolmate is willing to keep up ... Yeah, I'd have to say that's a bit much. For me (and you, apparently). But if that kind of communication were normal for them? Eh.

It'll slow when you don't respond (it has already, right?).

Probably something you did tripped one of those automated money makers to send her an email

"someone is trying to find you ; if you want more info send us $29" and she went for it and found out you had been snooping around trying to get her info.

So she decided to call and see why; but got your answering machine and hence did not know what to say.

I had a similar occurrence; an old girlfriend from way past sent an email to one of my oldest addresses (my very first hotmail account) which I check occasionally ; inviting me to join an adult dating service. My bet is she just got out of jail and seeking a sucker.

I had a similar occurrence; an old girlfriend from way past sent an email to one of my oldest addresses (my very first hotmail account) which I check occasionally ; inviting me to join an adult dating service. My bet is she just got out of jail and seeking a sucker.

Luckily for me, all of my old girldfriends got life without parole, so I don't have to worry about them loking for me.