Seeking A Flash Template For A Create-your-own T-shirt

Hello,

I'm currently building a website for a company that is wanting to offer custom printing on organic cotton clothing. I'm using ZenCart to manage the online store, and it's still under construction, but the basic idea is to allow customers to choose a shirt style of their choice (color/size/cut) and then choose a design, very similar to tshirthell.com.

They also want to provide the ability to let customers create their own design or upload their own design, similar to zazzle.com or uberprints.com. Unfortunately, my abilities in writing actionscript are very limited. I have a pretty good grasp on how to use flash and basic actionscripting, but this far exceeds anything I could put together. I've been trying to find a flash template that might be able to do what I need: allow someone to upload their own image, give someone control over where the image would be placed on the shirt, ability to enter text and choose fonts, etc. More importantly, I need to be able to easily insert it into ZenCart. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a template that would do this. Any suggestions?

The company I'm doing this for is brokenmirrororganics.com

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

hello Lotus,

unfortunately you won't find a Flash template for what you are looking for that is free.

Also will you have access to their MySQL database and do you understand PHP very clearly? What you will have to do is make a flash file that calls a PHP file so the MySQL Database can be called upon with the information.

So in essence, you need to make 2 separate files to acheive one thing. and this will require some advanced AS2.0 to be able to succeed.

hello Lotus,

unfortunately you won't find a Flash template for what you are looking for that is free.

Also will you have access to their MySQL database and do you understand PHP very clearly? What you will have to do is make a flash file that calls a PHP file so the MySQL Database can be called upon with the information.

So in essence, you need to make 2 separate files to acheive one thing. and this will require some advanced AS2.0 to be able to succeed.

Yes, I have access to the MySQL database, and I have a pretty basic understanding of how PHP works. I'm pretty well aware that this is not going to be an easy task, but I'm trying to find the easiest way to do it. ZenCart support basically said I'd have to create my own feed and insert it myself....however, the more I look into this, the more I'm starting to think I need to find someone that's better with programming and such. While I can do a few things with actionscript, this is pretty much beyond my capabilities.

Umm...any badass flash developers out there?

hello Lotus,

Yes, I have access to the MySQL database, and I have a pretty basic understanding of how PHP works. I'm pretty well aware that this is not going to be an easy task, but I'm trying to find the easiest way to do it. ZenCart support basically said I'd have to create my own feed and insert it myself....however, the more I look into this, the more I'm starting to think I need to find someone that's better with programming and such. While I can do a few things with actionscript, this is pretty much beyond my capabilities.

Umm...any badass flash developers out there?

I looked at Zazzle and uberprints code. are you ready for this?

Thats not all flash. it's actually .ASP with a Flash header and navigation set. which makes more sense since .ASP is designed to use MySQL better then Flash. However, Flash can use MySQL for similar results. I will see what I can find to put this together for you.

Thats not all flash. it's actually .ASP with a Flash header and navigation set. which makes more sense since .ASP is designed to use MySQL better then Flash. However, Flash can use MySQL for similar results. I will see what I can find to put this together for you.

Wow...yeah, I've never even touched ASP, so this really is over my head. Seriously, any help will be appreciated.....

Thank you.

Wow...yeah, I've never even touched ASP, so this really is over my head. Seriously, any help will be appreciated.....

Thank you.

well not much luck on finding ways to get Flash to work with MySQL without a lot of AS2.0. What languages do you know besides flash, and html?

Thank you.

well not much luck on finding ways to get Flash to work with MySQL without a lot of AS2.0. What languages do you know besides flash, and html?

Ummmm honestly no more than some CSS. I'm more of a designer than a programmerm, and unfortunately this whole project is over my head...I think I found someone that may be able to actually put this together, not sure though. I do appreciate you looking into it though, thank you.