So this is what the Mac room looks like....

Hey guys, I have a business client who runs mac os x. There are about 8 macs here. We are switching their mail hosting, I want to be sure we do not lose any mail they have on their machines.

I am backing up: username/library/mail and com.aple.mail.plist and com.aple.addressbook.plist and username/library/App support/addressbook

Is there anything else I should backup?

I will be changing the in/out servers on each machine so I believe it will keep all emails and addresses. Trying to cover my butt. This should take place tomorrow am.

M

I would also make a new mail box to add all old email. Then create new account for new server. Make sure everything is working then delete old account. Your new account should have no problem using the address book.

Mail is pretty straight froward I'm sure you do just fine.

Update:

The client can send but not receive. The in and out mail servers are the same, and does require authintication.

It check the incoming mail server, then I continue to the outgoing mail server, when it goes to check the outgoing server I get an error returned.

No I didn't write the error message down. But I will have it and post it as soon as I get it.