This angers me so much, that anyone would do such a nasty "game". I think they are only trying to make money on the Kennedy name. I doubt very much they care anything about teaching history!!! I do think they are training assassins. I heard on tv news that the only interactive part of the game is the actual shooting of President JFK. So how is that a game? It is a training tool to assassinate presidents. How sick these people must be to do this. And the people who buy it are no better in my opinion.

Here is a cliokable link, done the easy way by right clicking on the url of the site when I had it in my address bar, hitting copy. Then in this reply, I click on htttp:// and backspace erase the default http, rightclick and paste it in, then give it a short title. And voila it goes right in to my post where I last had the blinky bar. Anyhow that usually works for me. Then check it out in preview.

Just thought I would tell you my method to do links. I hope you don't mind me trying to help you, Flash.

JFK article

God bless everyone.

I likewise think this is wrong and that they should not be trying to bring this back for no reason. However, there are many other games that involve killing and shooting on an even bigger scale and they are not being accused of training assasins even though they are even more in depth...

it all deppends on how you look at it

However, there are many other games that involve killing and shooting on an even bigger scale and they are not being accused of training assasins even though they are even more in depth...

it all deppends on how you look at it

I think the difference is the target, and only stated goal. In this case the target is a president, and the only thing a "player" gets to do is shoot the president. Where is any game function here? It has one purpose, to shoot the president. It would be like designing a game to teach people to fly, but with only interaction being to fly the plane into the twin towers. No game skills needed. Just do the deed. To me that is wrong and not a game, but is a type of brainwashing.

If the intent and purpose is to teach history, then it is a simple matter to just make a cd of the news footage of the events. Forget the interactive participation in doing the shooting.

As for violent games, I do wonder if some mentally on the edge folks, could be pushed over the edge into killing someone, because of continually playing of them. It does appear anecdotally to have some effect on them, but I don't know if there has been enough proven connections to actual events. And is the predilection there before the games, or after? But then when we think of other things such as child abuse, the connection has been well documented. So are violent games going to be proved in the future as similar to say child abuse? I think it is a possibility.

I do believe that all that we allow our eyes and ears to see and hear has an affect on what comes out of our mouths and hearts, and through desensitization can affect how we treat others. And repeatedly doing or being told something can influence how the child feels. For instance how a child is raised, will affect him as an adult. If they are constantly told and shown they are no good, or stupid, or any number of other abuses, then it is quite likely the child will believe it, and repeat it to his own children.

As for the JFK "game" it sounds very specific, and unless there is some moral teaching in this "game" that shooting the president is wrong, or shooting anyone is wrong, then there is no redeeming value to it. Certainly the only way to study history is to learn what was the right and wrong regarding any particular event.

Sorry for the rambling soapbox folks.

God bless everyone.

thanks guys for the responce on this dispicable game they are makeing.it really tees me off.seems everyone wants a shot at US. i am fed up with this crap.

SIDEKICK ,no i need all the help i can get learning this tech stuff,but i was so mad when i read that article that i didnt rem how to post link,so thanks & please jump in & help me anytime other wise i wont learn..... thanks & STAY SAFE

Yes, my parents have been talking about this for about a week. I checked it out. It is only available for download (thank god we won't see it in WalMart). They claim that the point of the game is to prove there is no consperiecy behind the event; but what an aweful event to make a GAME out of. The family is fighting against its production. (sorry if this info was in the article, I didn't read the whole thing)

M@

While I have several points to debate in the story that thesidekickcat posted I will not go in to it.

I will however say that Kirk Ewing <_< the game creator is full of _________ and ______.

He should issue a full apology to the Kennedy family and pull it from where ever it is.

While I have several points to debate in the story that thesidekickcat posted I will not go in to it.

I will however say that Kirk Ewing <_<  the game creator is full of _________ and ______.

He should issue a full apology to the Kennedy family and pull it from where ever it is.

I agree with your remedy for the JFK game.

As for the debating the points in my longwinded comments, that might be kind of hard due to the fact I didn't explain what I was trying to say on some things, or even connect the points to each other very well. So my post was sort of halfbaked if that much. :rolleyes:

Sorry about that. It has been a long hard weekend for me. Will try to write things out better in the future. Then the debates can begin. OK?

God bless everyone.

This angers me so much, that anyone would do such a nasty "game". I think they are only trying to make money on the Kennedy name. I doubt very much they care anything about teaching history!!! I do think they are training assassins. I heard on tv news that the only interactive part of the game is the actual shooting of President JFK. So how is that a game? It is a training tool to assassinate presidents. How sick these people must be to do this. And the people who buy it are no better in my opinion.

Very well said thesidekickcat. I totally agree with you and everyone else. This is an insult to the Kennedy family, and a disrespect to President Kennedy. This is not a learning tool to discover anything. Watch the news reel if you want to learn or discuss anything about this tragedy.

As long as people buy this CRAP they will continue to make it. The only way to stop this disgusting game is DON"T BUY IT!!!!

Their is so much that is being allowed to change, and not for the better, can't use God, Christmas (has Christ's name) If you don't like to use God, Christmas, or Jesus Christ, than don't, but do NOT tell me I can not use it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE.

Barb

thesidekickcat

It was not your comment's I was speaking of.

In this article there are in MHO several errors that are way out of bounds if not out right lies.

I doubt very much that Senator Kennedy would have given permission for such a "game",if he could even give it.

Only a fool would say this "The Stirling-based company argued that the game was aimed at disproving theories that a conspiracy,"

How the h_ll can a game prove or disprove a conspiracy??

I got to wonder if Kirk Ewing was even born when this event happened.

thesidekickcat: I am sorry if you missunderstood my comment.

thesidekickcat

It was not your comment's I was speaking of.

In this article there are in MHO several errors that are way out of bounds if not out right lies.

I doubt very much that Senator Kennedy would have given permission for such a "game",if he could even give it.

Only a fool would say this "The Stirling-based company argued that the game was aimed at disproving theories that a conspiracy,"

How the h_ll can a game prove or disprove a conspiracy??

I got to wonder if Kirk Ewing was even born when this event happened.

thesidekickcat: I am sorry if you missunderstood my comment.

Thanks for your reply back to me on that.

Yes I did misunderstand and am sorry for that. Thanks for clarifying it for me.

That is sort of the way things have been this weekend for me, either I misunderstand something or someone else misunderstands me. So I just assumed it was what I said/wrote due to my record on and off the boards (mostly off) this weekend. I sure hope that I sort it all out soon, and get my head on straight or whatever. :rolleyes:

As for your opinion of what was in that link. I agree. It sure sounded like it was filled with hot air lies to me. Trouble is the publicity on this might generate more sales of this awful "game".

God bless everyone.

Their is so much that is being allowed to change, and not for the better, can't use God, Christmas (has Christ's name) If you don't like to use God, Christmas, or Jesus Christ, than don't, but do NOT tell me I can not use it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE.

Barb

Barb, You just hit on one of my pet peeves.

I wonder how we lost Christmas and gained "Holidays"? I guess the PC crowd thinks it won. But hey folks, I read the end of the book, The Bible, and we win.

And the PC elite wonder why Values had such an impact on this election. They did it to themselves. And now people are voting to restore things to where they used to be.

Just MHO folks, sorry for yet another soapbox stand.

(That is probably where my problem has been this weekend. I either haven't been doing enough on the old soapbox all along or else to much for one weekend?

Oh Oh. I think my sense of humor is returning, and that could be even worse. :rolleyes: )

Let's see if B makes a music note for ShadowThomas, maybe he could make me a soapbox icon or smilie? Then everyone could be warned what is coming. Ha. :rolleyes:

God bless everyone.

[maybe he could make me a soapbox icon or smilie?
soapbox.gif

;)

That sure made me laugh.

Thanks a million.

Where did you find it? Are there different versions available? Perhaps I will need a variety of them just to keep life interesting!!! B)

And I was worried, even had a nightmare last night, that maybe I would get thrown off the boards for touching the taboo subjects of politics and religion and doing it in the same post no less. I will try to stay on "safer" subjects, but reserve the right to get up on the old soap box from time to time. HaHa! :rolleyes:

You folks are the best board family a person could have.

Thanks again. Patricia.

God bless everyone.

Well, I've cooled down enough to post on this... @%#$&&%*&%@!$!!&?#?@?%$& There! I feel better..

And if I can only hold back posting this thread on a UK forum I post on, I'll be safe from the ravages of h#ell for my thoughts and feelings...