Well it's probably fixable, we just have to find out why it's balking at certain things or certain times.

Wireless?

Have you tried running some pathping tests?

Anything logging in Event Viewer about this?

Sometimes things will also have their own personal error logs stored somewhere, many use C:\Windows directory for that or in their program files if this router setup has anything in there.

There may be an IP Address conflict with your modem and router. Most belkins are 192.168.2.1 to get to the web interface. You can google your modem brand to find the IP for it's web interface.

M

Yes Mike, that's the Belkin address...do you know if Belkin has Connection Attempt log files stored anywhere?

Liz

You can try a pathping to a site you're having trouble reaching, from a command prompt. Type cmd into the Run box, then type "pathping www.thesitname.com" without quotes into the command window and wait. It'll take some time but it might show that the logjam is at another server along the path and not your router.

Ok, I did that, and everything looked ok, how do I copy what is in the cmd box to here? It won't let me copy and paste, it just clears the highlight. (I pinged You tube, cause when I try to watch any video from any source, it just stops, never did that before.)

Chappy I am not certian about the connection log, but there is a security log.

Liz,

has your computer or firewall software had an up date since you can't watch the videos? I have seen some updates cause people to run in circles trying to figure out what happened.

Also what model router do you have? It should have a sticker under the router with the model number.

M

Ok, I did that, and everything looked ok, how do I copy what is in the cmd box to here? It won't let me copy and paste, it just clears the highlight. (I pinged You tube, cause when I try to watch any video from any source, it just stops, never did that before.)

Hi Liz

Good choice, I should've mentioned you should try pinging a site you're having trouble connecting to...but you're smart enough to know that!!

You can't copy/paste a command prompt window either, too bad as useful info is there, but you can take a screenshot.

I use ScreenPrint32, free, tons of features, and can copy any select area you wish to and save anywhere you want in any format you want...very handy. If you want you can attach a screenshot of the cmd window area with the results and we can look at them, but if you looked and they all went thru with no losses and nothing was real slow at one hop, then it should be OK.

So obviously you're getting thru to the sites ok, but something is cutting you off or your router is dropping the connection or something.

Mike - Thx bud! Wasn't sure if Belkin has a connection attempt log or not, or possibly even an error log of some sorts somewhere.

Sorry Liz, been very very busy with spammers hitting us and trying to filter known spam domains from the site...yuck.

So the router has good conectivity but it's still dropping out after a few minutes?

Does it do this for all web browsing or just when you watch videos?

When watching a vid and it drops, do you lose net connection totally or just drop the vid but stay connected to the site?

In normal browsing, does it lose connection or just start to slow down?

It never drops the connection, but there are sites I can't even play on. Like Pokerstars (hubby). You go there, and you lag so bad, it kicks you out. If I hook it up to straight cable, it's fine. I'm really starting to think this router is just not "powerful" enough. I have other Belkin products that work fine, but this is just too slow. It takes forever to change pages from one site to another. I usually have to hit stop and reload, then it's ok.

I'm also having another problem with this pc that is unrelated to that, but I will start another thread. (I swear this thing is gonna drive me nuts).....