People Poll

people  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding society as a whole, not necessarily your personal values, do you think people are more likely to be 'scared', 'frightened', or 'cautious' of people who are....

• goths
    • gangbangers
    • rednecks

really, my intent is to find which type of people society as a whole is more comfortable with in general. i was totally kidding about the rednecks and republicans. in my area, i think probably people are least comfortable with goths. there isnt exactly a thriving population of 'goth' people around here. and when i say goth, emo DOES NOT count. there are a lot of gangs and gang-type people here, so i think our community is 'more used to' them. so, what do you think, who does society seem to be less afraid of, the goths or the gangbangers?

nic

ps: i was out volunteering at the school today (with my mom's 3rd graders). they think im 'weird' and stare at me. probably it doesnt help that im always dressed in all black... they even questioned me about it today. 'why do you wear all black?' because i like black. 'why do you wear that kind of jewelry?' because i like it. 'why are your nails black?' because black is better than pink. why why why.

I got a great laugh out of your experience with the little kids, Sin! Especially about the "better than pink" comeback. You go, Goth-Girl! You can teach them so much about tolerance, especially since you and I know that a Goth look is nothing to be feared. The Gothkids I know are so talented, creative, kind and a breath of fresh air compared to "preppy Barbiegirls". I went to Artschool and the "unusual people" (OK, Hippies and latent Beatniks) were the best folks to have as friends! It's a darned shame so many people were afraid of them, their loss!

I voted for the gangbangers because their behaviour is so dangerous. I'm afraid for them, not of them--such a dangerous lifestyle.

Oh, and black is slimming, easy care (unless one has a light haired animal) and goes with everything :thumbsup: My work clothes were almost all black and white ;)

Liz

I agree that the goth kids are usually quite creative and are nothing to be afraid of.

The gangbangers in my area tread lightly around me and my friends, They know us older construction workers would take them out in a heartbeat.

I find rednecks too lazy and drunk to be a danger except to themselves.

As for the fourth option...

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

goth's are nothing. At my high school they were the friendliest bunch of people around. In fact, I am more closley related to goths than many other social groups at schools. I was more of the wear whatever fit kinda guy and most of my shirts were black so some people thought I was goth. I never wore any black makeup though and never did any of that mess. In fact I always wear blue jeans and light gray and white shoes too. (On some days like a few days ago you'll catch me in prep attire. I was wearing a blue Fossil shirt that said Rooster Creek Bottled Water and I was wearing brown leather sandles. JP thought something was amiss that day. I looked a little more like him. If I just happened to have been wearing khaki shorts, that woulda freaked him out I bet.)

Gang bangers are the ones to be afraid of.

Rednecks.............................................. I'm the honda enthusiast, goth looking, power metal/classic rock/progressive rock listening, WWII rifle wielding, Gun enthusiast, novice WWII historian, computer nerd, non-smoker, non- drinker, REDNECK. Yes I am a redneck. Yes, I am a very strange person overall and most of my family are more normal rednecks and they are nothing to fear either.

Most floks don't expect to see me, getting out of a slammed Honda, blaring loud metal from the CD player, wearing a black Queensryche shirt, long hair and then hear the thickest Tennessee accent they've ever heard. :P

Edited by Honda_Boy