Can't Get Social Security Card Without I.d, Can't Get I.d Without Ss Card -.-

Sometimes...This country really amazes me, Im 18 and of course need a job, and license, to get these things i need SS Card, awhile back in some chaos my SS card goes POOF and is gone, So now i need to get another one right? So i do some research, and find out i need an I.D, ok well so i go and research that, and find out i need SS card to get the I.D to get the SS Card...Now how in the hell does that make scense?

Oh and of course, they'll accept a report card from school...Im home schooled...I have my Birth Certificate but of course thats not good enough...So lets get this straight, a REPORT CARD is acceptable, but yet a Birth Certificate...Nah not goin work,

This country....wow...Just had to get that off my chest, So at the moment i can't see any opinions, honestly pretty annoyed right now.

Looks like they'll take any of these as a form of ID:

* U.S. driver’s license;

* State-issued nondriver identification card; or

* U.S. passport.

* Employee ID card;

* School ID card;

* Health insurance card (not a Medicare card);

* U.S. military ID card; or

* Adoption decree.

Probably a school ID or an insurance card would be the easiest to lay your hands on. Also, another angle may be to have your parent's apply for your replacement card if you still live at home.

Sometimes the system just doesn't make sense...

Edited by jsbowen
Looks like they'll take any of these as a form of ID:

* U.S. driver’s license;

* U.S. passport.

* Employee ID card;

* School ID card;

* Health insurance card (not a Medicare card);

* Adoption decree.

Probably a school ID or an insurance card would be the easiest to lay your hands on. Also, another angle may be to have your parent's apply for your replacement card if you still live at home.

Sometimes the system just doesn't make sense...

* U.S. driver’s license; #Need I.D AND SSC for that -.-

* U.S. passport.

* Employee ID card; # Need SSC lol

* School ID card; #Home Schooled

* Health insurance card (not a Medicare card); #No Insurance

* Adoption decree.

Is it not kinda messed up that i had my Birth Certificate and my fathers there, with his I.D and his SSC and his name on my birth certificate, WITH proof of my SSN (just not the actual card) but nah no that doesn't prove who i am, not at all -.-, My only choose is to try and somehow remember the last Hospital i went to for my Medical Records

* U.S. driver’s license; #Need I.D AND SSC for that -.- ...

I guess Illinois finally did something right, they do not require a SS# for a DL or state ID.

I'm surprised a certified copy of a birth certificate is NOT accepted, yet an adoption decree is.

I guess Illinois finally did something right, they do not require a SS# for a DL or state ID.

I'm surprised a certified copy of a birth certificate is NOT accepted, yet an adoption decree is.

Tell me about it -.-, And a Report card? How easy are those to fake? COME ON PEOPLE.

was you're birth certificate a hospital one or a state one. THey wouldn't take my hospital one when I went to get my liscense. I had to go to the department of health and get a state one.

Exactly what Hondaboy said. Go to the Courthouse and request a State Birth Certificate (not the footprint one you got from the hospital) If I remember right, that is what I did when the kids were tiny and needed a SS number for income taxes.

Good luck! WE know you exist!

Liz

I'm also surprised by that too, I thought your Birth Certificate was all that was needed to obtain your SSC?

It seems strange that they won't take some forms of ID: SS Cards are required as are SS#s I was lucky that my mom actually saved my card for me - and when I could, I laminated mine - shes 34 years old, and still have it.

However. I agree that its stupid to accept a report card - How do homeschooled individuals prove who the heck they are that way? anyone could forge a document like that, however I agree that you should probably ask your parents to help you apply for the card (get it replaced) if you are still at home - maybe they can help you get around some of these roadblocks...

Good Luck....

Brian

A report card is just plain stupid, it should be harder then that. So pretty much anyone reading this that knows your name and can fake a report card could become you. I'm guessing a name and a correct SS# is worth a few bucks for someone.

ahhhhhh the great identification loop. :ph34r::matrix: true anonymous doesn't exist except for inside this loop. so if you ever want, your perfectly suited to ba an assasin. You have the uniqe ability to confuse the goverment as too your identity. i can see it now, black suit goverment agents scrambling about and trying to explain to their superiors that you are untracable bacuse you don't have a SS card or an ID card.

... you are untracable bacuse you don't have a SS card or an ID card.

Agents interviewing:

The DMV: "Oh yeah, I recognize his picture, he TRIED to get a license but we weren't fooled, he didn't have a SS number!"

The SSA: "Yup, came in a while ago, we sent him away 'cause he didn't have proper ID!"

Local school: "Nope, he doesn't exist otherwise we'd have a report card in his name!"

ETC.

:lol:

You could stay unknown if you don't mind working under the table, drive illegally or take public transportation and hoard cash for when you want to retire. You'll never be able to have a bank account, apply for loans or credit cards, get health insurance, leave the country and etc.

Sign me,

Been there, done that.

hehehe

If you think thats bad, you should hear some of the experiences I have had with the SSA (Social Security Administration)

I would try to work, and the I would follow the rules they give you to the letter, and then, they ask me what I think I will make for pay. I would tell them "about 250 biweekly." Usually, they take that information and figure my benefits from that amount. The woman who handles my benefits would jack up and overinflate my estimated earnings, and my SSI would go WAY down from like $600 to like $90. This would lead to my not being able to afford to pay the rent and other bills, because she would screw with the estimate. My income goes UP and DOWN all over the place :angry2:

I fnally had a friend of mine who used to work down there call up my worker and TELL her NOT to overinflate my estimate. SSA would say the reason they did it was to "make sure I wasn't overpaid". I told her that the problem is that her wild estimates are UNDERPAYING me what I was supposed to get, that I was unable to pay rent and bills and that my landlords were unable to determine my income level, and hence I may have to pay "flat rent" which is the going rate for the apartments these days, which is different from income based rent. I ORDERED SSA to consider me NON working and to estimate earnings at ZERO until **I SAY OTHERWISE**

SSA local offices really don't know what the hell they are doing, it seems - I had a friend that did not get his money one month, because someone at a keyboard pressed a button - and his money disappears - they DELETED him, and he has been getting it for 20+ years - this is incompetence - he left with money that month, after standing his ground, and the person who did that was busted. Yet SSA can wildly adjust and estimate the earnings of someone, send them 5 letters in 2 weeks, and cause real havoc - yet if I forget to tell them I am working - I AM BUSTED - where is the equality in a system where SSA gets away with crazy wonton idiotarianism, and I am busted for forgetting to tell them something - They should be busted for jacking up and down peoples estimates - causes more hell then help!!!

SSA seems unable sometiems to give you a straight answer - geeez what a system - it works - but people have to be held accountable on both sides :angry:

Been there, done that ;(

Brian

Edited by baker7
... SSA seems unable sometiems to give you a straight answer - geeez what a system ...

Wait just a gol' darn minute there mister. That's the U.S. government you're talking about there, what could possible go wrong? :blink:

(Dreading the day they take over medical care for us all, can you even imagine how screwed up that will be? And the potential consequences? It'll be a LOT worse than "I didn't get paid this week," or "You took out too much money." You'll be dead, and it'll be your next-of-kin that won't get a straight answer why.)

... SSA seems unable sometiems to give you a straight answer - geeez what a system ...

Wait just a gol' darn minute there mister. That's the U.S. government you're talking about there, what could possible go wrong? :blink:

(Dreading the day they take over medical care for us all, can you even imagine how screwed up that will be? And the potential consequences? It'll be a LOT worse than "I didn't get paid this week," or "You took out too much money." You'll be dead, and it'll be your next-of-kin that won't get a straight answer why.)

I can attest to some of the horrors when dealing with Medicaid/Medicare. If I didn't have an additional option offered by NY State (Fidelis Care) I wouldn't have lived. Fidelis made sure that I had all options covered and allowed me to pick my doctors and hospitals. Once they were on board there were no delays in my treatments or transplant. They are an independent Catholic charity health provider.

Many doctors shy away from Medicaid/Medicare patients. The paper work alone delays your care. Of course there are some doctors who love abusing those programs yet don't help the patient by dragging out the treatments. I had one gastroenterologist who did this because he loved piling up those payments.

I can attest to some of the horrors when dealing with Medicaid/Medicare. If I didn't have an additional option offered by NY State (Fidelis Care) I wouldn't have lived. Fidelis made sure that I had all options covered and allowed me to pick my doctors and hospitals. Once they were on board there were no delays in my treatments or transplant. They are an independent Catholic charity health provider.

Many doctors shy away from Medicaid/Medicare patients. The paper work alone delays your care. Of course there are some doctors who love abusing those programs yet don't help the patient by dragging out the treatments. I had one gastroenterologist who did this because he loved piling up those payments.

Sometimes I worry that medicaid and medicare will NOT cover some things I need - I hope to hell that something bad doesn't happen to me, and that they would pay for it - my doctor does a great job, and I like him very much - he saved my life when my appendix went in 2002 -Thats why I hate govenment so much sometimes - they can afford to send troops to iraq and afgahnistan BUT things we need at home seem to go by the wayside.

Don't get me wrong -I support the troops and what they do, but think that the government do not do enough to help the elderly and disabled - drug prices are skyrocketing along with healthcare costs - IT SUX - Luckily you had help TT, because your are right - the red tape is rediculous :wacko:

Brian