for any one who is inerested ADAWare se has a coupla plugins that could be handy one is now they have a, get rid of mns and windows messenger.incorperated in to their appli.

the other is something im not familiar with .vx2 cleaner. but it discovers and cleans .i presume it is malware some one here could enlighten me.i posted this for some one who is interested

marty

Lavasoft’s new add-on VX2 Cleaner detects the malware VX2 and offers you the ability to remove it from your computer. Some users have experienced a very difficult variant of VX2 which cannot be removed by Ad-Aware. For those users which have this variant, we have developed an add-on to help you remove this VX2 variant.

This VX2 variant registers itself in a way, which gives it system privileges. It also prevents the user from viewing this information by removing the user’s rights to do so. Furthermore it constantly monitors the registry and prevents any attempts to remove its associated values. This makes it very difficult for the user to manually remove it.

The VX2 Cleaner works with all editions of Ad-Aware.

Here's a link.

thanks for the info on VX2

as i said im not familiar with it.but i think i will go and get that plugin ,i think it takes 416kbs

so it is reasonably small.

hell to own a compt now you need to be a tech wizard

so thankfully there are boards like this to offer thier help.

in real terms im a compt dunce .and ive learned through joining boards like this

and initially.the forums at techtv.and from the people who manned those boards

beluga happened to be one of those.and he was very helpful to some of us nerds.

was one of the reasons i joined here.

marty

hell to own a compt now you need to be a tech wizard

so thankfully there are boards like this to offer thier help.

in real terms im a compt dunce .and ive learned through joining boards like this

and initially.the forums at techtv.and from the people who manned those boards

beluga happened to be one of those.and he was very helpful to some of us nerds.

was one of the reasons i joined here.

marty

That makes two of us. B, Pete, Cherokee Chief, etc........ Man! There sure was some knowledge floating around on the old board. Learned a lot. Hopefully, this one will be like that. Everyone, trying to help out where they can. But, with B running things, I don't see where that'll be a problem

Thats why I came here. I browsed the ttv boards for quite a while before I ever posted. Never saw B give anyone bad advice. Learned a lot from reading his, Pete's and several others who have mostly come here, answers.

JD

I did have the plug-in for Ad-Aware 6.181.

And now have Ad-Aware Personal SE.

I was going to install the plug-in untill I saw Racktracker's post, which I then opted

out to do so.

just as well i read your post on the adaware plugin.like you i have Adaware se personal.and i was toying with the idea of installing the pluginbut

but i might waitn now and see what developes

marty