Howdy CarolAnn and welcome to BestTechie !!!
My name is flashh4 (Chuck) and i will be assisting you with the cleaning of your computer.
Run these 1 at a time & post each log as you get it ! Work them as your time permits you to !!
If you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding !!! You can PM me if you need to !!
Perform all actions in the order given.
Please stay with us until we give you the "All Clean Speech"! Just because the problem has stopped it may still need some clean-up !
Do Not Remove anything or run any tools/programs until advised to do so !
Please note that all instructions given are customized for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.
If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the Malware Removal forum and wait for help.
Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, or FRST, from the following location: FRST Download Link >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/
When you click on the above link you will be brought to a download page. Please click on the Download Now 32-bit version or Download Now 64-bit version button depending on the bit type of your Windows version. If you are unsure what bit-type your installed Windows is, please consult this tutorial:
How to tell if you are running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/32-bit-or-64-bit-windows/
Once you click on the appropriate download button, you will be brough to a downloading screen, where if you wait, the download will automatically start. If you see a prompt asking if you wish to Run or Save the file, please click on the Save button and save it to your desktop.
Your browser will now download FRST and save it on your Desktop.
Now double-click on the FRST.exe or the FRST64.exe icon depending on which version you downloaded to start the program. Once you double-click the icon a User Account Control warning may also appear asking if you are sure you would like to run the program.
Click on the Yes button to allow FRST to start. If no warning appeared, as shown above, then you should just continue reading.
* FRST will now display a Disclaimer of Warranty window. Please read through this agreement, and if you agree to it, please click on the Yes button to continue.
* At this point, please do not change any options and just click on the Scan button to begin the scanning !
* The scanning process can take a while, so please be patient while FRST scans your computer and creates and report that can be used by our helpers. When FRST is done generating the * reports it will create them as FRST.txt and Addition.txt in the same location as you downloaded and ran FRST from. If you ran it from the Windows desktop, then the reports will be made there. The program will then display a prompt stating that it has finished
* Please click on the OK button and FRST will display the FRST.txt log in a Notepad window.
* FRST will then display another prompt that states the second log, Addition.txt, is about to be shown as well. Press the OK button and a Notepad window will open that displays the Addition.txt log !
Copy & paste those logs for me !!
Please download https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/ by Xplode onto your desktop.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool again.
Windows XP : Double click on the icon to run it.
Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8 : Right click and select "Run as Administrator"
*Click on the Scan button.
*AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer like it did before.
*After the scan has finished .......
This time, click on the "Clean" button.
*Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
*Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
*After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
*Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
*A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
Please download http://thisisudax.org/downloads/JRT.exe]JUNKWARE Removal Tool and save to your desk top.
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
* Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
* The tool will open and start scanning your system.
* Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
* On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
* Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next reply !
Re-Boot your computer now !!
So to sum things up, i need you to copy/paste these logs:
1. FRST log(s)
2. AdwCleaner.exe (log)
3. Junkware log