Howdy leejcarol and welcome to BestTechie !!! We no longer use HJT as a guide to find stuff that are bad !
My name is flashh4 (Chuck) and i will be assisting you with the cleaning of your computer.
Run these 1 at a time & post each log as you get it ! Work them as your time permits you to !!
If you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding !!! You can PM me if you need to !!
Perform all actions in the order given.
Please stay with us until we give you the "All Clean Speech"! Just because the problem has stopped it may still need some clean-up !
Do Not Remove anything or run any tools/programs until advised to do so !
Please note that all instructions given are customized for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.
If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the Malware Removal forum and wait for help.
These Programs are set to run on Firefox browser !
If using "Edge" browser formerly Internet Explorer Right click the link and
chose "Save traget as" then Click Desktop >>> then Click "Save " it will be placed on desktop go there and open & run it !
These programs MUST be saved to desktop !!
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Scan
* Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x32) >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/81/
or Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) >>>http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/82/ and save the file to your Desktop.
* Note: Download and run the version compatible with your system (32 or 64-bit). Download both if you're unsure; only one will run.
* Right-Click FRST.exe / FRST64.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
* Click Yes to the disclaimer.
* Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
* Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
* Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
* Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your Desktop. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (save it to your desktop). >>> http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_14079554978349&key=bf4adfcbb328b51c165afd7f95bfc060&libId=42688bc4-849b-499e-80b4-6ff4c3b395d8&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.whatthetech.com%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D128466&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.malwarebytes.org%2Fmbam-download.php&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.whatthetech.com%2Findex.php%3Fs%3De77133f793c31b8c04786ca55ed0fbe6%26showforum%3D27&title=Windows%208%20very%20slow%20and%20drops%20wi-fi%20%5BSolved%5D%20-%20Virus%2C%20Spyware%20%26%20Malware%20Removal&txt=%3Cspan%20style%3D%22color%3A%230000FF%3B%22%3E%3Cstrong%3EMalwarebytes%27%20Anti-Malware%3C%2Fstrong%3E%3C%2Fspan%3E
* Windows XP : Double click on the icon to run it.
* Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8 : Right click and select "Run as Administrator"
* Select Scan tab. * Select type of scan to perform:
* Threat Scan < --- Select this type of scan
* Custom Scan
* Hyper Scan
Next click the Scan button.
When the scan is complete, if no malicious items are found you can close the program.
If malicious items are found be sure that everything is checked, and click Quarantine .
When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.
Note: If you receive a notice that some of the items couldn't be removed, that they have been added to the delete on reboot list, please reboot.
Please post these logs & i will have a follow-up on what is required next !!