Google Voice offers you total control over your telephone number, giving you the ability to have a number of devices ring when someone calls you. The service also features voicemail transcription that sends your voicemails as text messages to your phone or email account. By downloading the Google Voice app for your iOS or Android device, you can send and receive text messages, listen to voicemails, and even place calls directly from your Google Voice number. Google Voice also integrates with your Gmail account, and can ring the Google Chat widget or allow you to place calls from right inside your inbox.
The Google Voice app is available for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, as well as Android smartphones and tablets. You can download the iOS version from Apple’s App Store, or get the Android version from the Google Play store.
- Ring many different phones at one time when your number is called.
- Voicemail transcription — read your voicemails as text.
- Send and receive text messages, and listen to voicemails, from the Google Voice apps or from the Google Voice website.
- Gmail integration — place and receive calls right from your Gmail inbox.
- Discounted rates for international calls made through Google Voice.
You can sign up on the Google Voice website.