How to Create a MS-DOS Boot Disk
This tutorial is designed to demonstrate how to create a MS-DOS boot disk using a floppy disk. This tutorial is based off steps used in Microsoft Windows XP. Steps may be different depending on your operating system.
1. Locate a spare floppy disk, and insert it into the floppy drive.
2. Navigate to ‘My Computer.’ To do that, click Start -> My Computer
3. Once in the My Computer window, locate the 3 1/2 Floppy (A:) drive, and right-click it. From the appearing dialogue, select Format…
4. A new window should have come up. In that window, check the box next to the item reading ‘Create an MS-DOS startup disk‘.
5. Now, click the ‘Start’ button.
6. A warning will come up saying ‘WARNING: Formatting will erase ALL data on this disk. To format the disk, click OK. To quit, click CANCEL.’ Go ahead and click OK.
7. In a few moments, you will have a bootable MS-DOS startup disk. An alert box will pop up declaring a success with the message ‘Format Complete’.
Written by Matt and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.